To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Athens, GA 30601
- Danielle Haese
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Extrusion Process Operators
Kelly Services • Athens, GA
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Kelly Services is now hiring for Extrusion Process Operators in Athens, GA. You will be working for one of the top Medical Device Manufacturing companies in the nation.
The Extrusion Process Operator executes daily tasks related to extrusion manufacturing of synthetic absorbable and non-absorbable multifilament products. Typical tasks include start-up, operation, and shut-down of extrusion and orientation processes, thread-up and doffing of production spools, testing of products, and troubleshooting of processes.
- Operates and navigates with the extruder computer control systems
- Operates the polymer feed system and troubleshoots to eliminate feed problems
- Starts up, run and manage the operation of six or more runs extruders and affiliated equipment
- Tests fiber denier and performs tray testing as required and when necessary troubleshoots process equipment and takes appropriate corrective actions
- Tests fiber tenacity and elongation, and tracks results using SPC charting
- Monitors equipment through measured checks of speeds and temperatures
- Makes appropriate process changes using the extrusion process specification and troubleshooting guide in conjunction with directions from a higher level Extrusion Process Operator or supervision
- Loads fiber in ovens at required intervals
- Handles hoppers weighing and recording data to track polymer usage
- Maintains accurate and legible documentation
- Troubleshoots extruders (working closely with engineering support) and affiliated equipment and takes appropriate corrective actions to eliminate quality process issues
- Performs special projects as directed by Process Engineering or Facilitator
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Education beyond high school (college, military, technical school, etc.) preferred
- 4+ years of relevant work experience required
- Basic computer skills required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relation skills required
- Problem solving skills required
- Basic math skills required (add, subtract, multiply, divide, percentages, fractions); Must be able to pass basic math test
- Basic knowledge of industrial tools and instruments required
- Ability to make timely and accurate decisions required
- Self-motivated and capable of completing job duties with minimal supervision required
- Basic knowledge of fiber physical properties and appearance quality (tenacity and elongation) preferred
- Basic knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) used to identify and respond to process trends preferred
- Must be willing and able to work 12 hour rotating night shift (6:30pm – 7:00am) which includes weekends
- Must be willing and able to work overtime as needed
Shift 7pm-7am, rotating 3-2-2 schedule
Pat Rate: $16.80
The local offices of Kelly Services do not represent the above position, please apply online for immediate consideration. Please contact me at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] if you are interested in this opportunity or if you may have any questions.
At Kelly Services®, we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.