About the Company and Opportunity:
- Our client is a government contractor providing program management, consulting and training solutions
- Founded in 1975, a well-established leader in the industry
- This position will work closely under the Controller - a seasoned leader with extensive government contracting accounting experience
- Our client needs additional accounting support due to the current workload
Schedule: Monday - Friday 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
Full cycle a/p: Bulk of work is ap (receiving invoices through email and mail - Controller can scan to this person to enter in). Including vendor invoices and travel expenses could be 30 vouchers + 25-30 travel expenses to enter in…so could be 50- 75/week.
- Payroll spreadsheets (115 employees, multi state, every other week) - lot of detail to pay attention to including hourly expense, T&E reimbursements, one office may receive a special bonus - all of that data will be put into spreadsheet that is sent to ADP).
- Cash receipts (Entering into Costpoint. Will be given a spreadsheet will show account#, invoice# and amount that will be entered.)
- Reconciliations - payroll reconciliations, ensuring all travel expense reports have been included in the payroll
- Additional projects as requested
Previous government contracting accounting experience or project accounting experience - must be able to understand coding system
- Degree required
- Deltek Costpoint, Deltek GCS Premier, or MS Dynamics would be very helpful, must have some accounting ERP system experience
- Full cycle AP experience
- Understanding of concepts of how to enter information into payroll
- Understands the difference between indirect and direct expenses
- 2-5+ years of accounting experience
- Basic to Intermediate Excel skills
- Asks good questions before entering data into a spreadsheet
- Attentive to detail
- Proactive, not reactive
- Consistent, timely communication when working remotely
- Strong analytical thinking skills
Qualified candidates please email your resume for immediate consideration!
- Attention To Detail
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Government Contracting
- Microsoft Excel