To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Los Angeles, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
VETERINARY FOOD INSPECTION SPECIALIST
United States Army • Los Angeles, CA
Posted 8 days ago
The veterinary food inspection specialist inspects food designed for human consumption, while also supervising food inspection and combined veterinary service activities.JOB DUTIES
- Evaluate packaging, packing and marking requirements
- Identify unsanitary conditions in food storage facilities and commissary stores
- Operate and maintain inspection equipment
- Perform duties in accordance with approved standards of conduct and report suspected fraud
Job training for a veterinary food inspection specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and eight weeks of Advanced Individual Training, including food safety/protection and quality assurance.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Inspection of red meats, poultry, water foods, eggs, dairy products, and fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Identify unsanitary conditions in food storage facilities.
- Interest in food safety, health, mathematics, chemistry and biology
- Enjoy cooking
- Preference for working with your hands