To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hattiesburg, MS
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Principal - Risk Management
Cooperative Energy • Hattiesburg, MS
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Under the direction of the Director of Finance and Risk Management, performs a variety of activities in support of Cooperative Energy's Risk Management Group. Administers the insurance risk management function with the goal of risk mitigation through the procurement of insurance policies, the development of corporate risk management policies, and the control of contractual issues through the use of insurance and indemnification clauses.
Responsible for managing the insurance policies and programs, evaluating contractual risk exposure, and responsible for debt covenant compliance tasks and activities.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for loan agreement monitoring and compliance reporting.
- Responsible for developing and recommending a cost-effective insurance program.
- Prepares information for Cooperative Energy's insurance broker and underwriters in support of the placement of all insurance policies.
- Perform certain financial and accounting analytics to determine the appropriate valuation of assets covered under the property insurance program.
- Works closely with internal stakeholders and relevant counsel on property, liability, and other types of claims as needed.
- Analyze losses, prepare information to support claims submitted to insurers.
- Prepare and submit requests for Certificates of Insurance for issuance to outside parties.
- Works with internal stakeholders to evaluate contractual risks and negotiate the transfer of risks as appropriate by providing input into the negotiation of contracts and agreements.
- Assists in the formation of insurance standard terms and conditions for various contracts and agreements.
- Assists with coordination of IRMC and ROC activities including meetings, documentation, and preparation of materials and coordination of presenters.
- Routine and periodic attendance at internal stakeholder and external stakeholder meetings.
- Participation in educational conferences and seminars as directed and assigned.
- Independently performs other strategic Finance Department tasks as may be assigned, including special projects involving insurance, treasury, and risk management.
- Bachelor's Degree Economics Or
- Bachelor's Degree Accounting Or
- Bachelor's Degree Finance Or
- Bachelor's Degree Banking Or
- Bachelor's Degree Risk Management Or
- Bachelor's Degree Business Administration Required
- Advanced Degree is Preferred
- 8 years Accounting, Finance, Banking, Risk Management or Insurance Experience Required
- Commercial Insurance Experience Preferred
- Utility Experience Preferred
- Electric Cooperative Experience Preferred
Certifications and Licensures:
- Successfully pass a security sensitive background screening. Required
- Valid Mississippi Driver's License Required
- Related Functional Certification Preferred
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
- Advanced understanding of Insurance, Risk Management, and Debt Compliance concepts.
- Solid understanding of GAAP Accounting.
- Understanding of commercial insurance and knowledge of Cooperative Energy's lines of insurance and policies.
- Advanced problem solving, data analysis, and adherence to routine and periodic deadlines.
- Advanced sense of initiative, effort and commitment toward completing assignments accurately and efficiently with attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior ability to effectively organize, prioritize, plan, and stay on schedule to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to independently perform detailed functions with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to exercise good judgment during routine and stressful situations.
- Expert ability to multi-task and work in a challenging fast paced environment.
- Advanced knowledge of the utility operating environment.
- Ability to effectively work with others in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals at varying levels, in varying departments.
- Maturity, professionalism, and high level of discretion and confidentiality are required.
Cooperative Energy is an equal opportunity employer. It is Cooperative Energy's policy to provide equal opportunity to all qualified persons, regardless of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, veteran status or disability.