GEICO Technology Solutions is seeking a highly motivated Data Security Engineer to support GEICO’s critical platforms. This team is responsible for certificate management services, public key infrastructure (PKI), key management, and data encryption services. The ideal candidate is highly motivated and driven to succeed. The ideal candidate can, with limited supervision, identify and implement improvements for the Cryptography team.
• Build, enhance, and maintain systems used to manage GEICO's data security program
• Data element encryption platforms
• Physical HSMs
• Hosted HSMs
• Translate customer needs into technical security requirements
• Assist developers with implementing required security controls
• Maintain data security policy
• Seek out root cause and correction of errors for operational events
• Document and communicate changes to the systems and processes
• Maintain current understand of security threats, changing security landscape, technological changes, and emerging trends
• Mentor and train peers on operational and technical excellence
• Provide secondary support for other applications that the team supports
• 5+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Data Security
• Database Administration
• 2+ years of Linux and/or Windows systems administration
• Experience with data technologies such as Microsoft SQL, Oracle, and Snowflake
• Must be able to provide 24x7 support for mission critical systems/services
• Experience with public cloud implementations of security services
• Keep current on technologies and industry trends related to cybersecurity and PKI/certificate management
• Ability to use creative thinking and problem-solving skills, intuition, initiative, and "out of the box" thinking
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
At GEICO, we make sure you have the support and resources to leverage and develop your skills, secure your financial future, and take care of your health and well-being. GEICO continually seeks to provide a workplace where everyone can be their authentic self. To help achieve this goal, we support associate-led Employee Resource Groups that foster a true sense of community. Through GEICO’s competitive benefits offerings and various training and development opportunities, we have you covered with our [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Data Security Engineer - (REMOTE)* that includes:
Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
*Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
Coverage begins on the date of hire. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire coverage to take effect.
GEICO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO celebrates diversity and believes it is critical to our success. As such, we are committed to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals to join our team.
- Customer Demand Planning
- Data Security
- Key Management