Come work with the best! At Maine Drilling & Blasting we work with the unity of family and the determination of business owners. As a majority Employee Owned company we provide a unique and generous array of benefits including two retirement plans, an Employer-contributed Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) and company matched 401(k). In addition to health, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits, we also offer training and development opportunities. The sky is the limit, come rock your career at MD&B!
Our core values of Respect, Fairness, Honesty, and Responsibility provide a firm cultural foundation as we relate to customers and each other as we Make it Happen!
Starting Pay: $18 - $20/per hour plus benefits!Responsibilities
Ability to perform job specific instruction provided by Superintendents, Blasting Supervisor or Drill Operators. Individuals must be safety-minded and able to work well in varying weather environments. Out of town travel and overtime may be required.
- Participate in monthly Foreman, periodic safety and job meetings as needed
- Participate in daily heads up safety meetings
- Ability to perform essential functions of the position
- Position requires proficiency to work at a steady pace on uneven and loose surfaces outside
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs occasionally, 5% of time
- Ability to lift 50lbs, 50% of the time
- Stooping and bending 60 70% of the time
- Valid Drivers License with good driving record and own transportation
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical & drug screen.
- Must sucessfully pass criminal background check for ATF
- Experience with construction laborer helpful, but not necessary
- Ability to learn and develop skills to later perform higher level tasks
Maine Drilling & Blasting is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We will not discriminate against applicants with regard to any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, and physical or mental disability.
- Abrasive Blasting
- Drilling Operations
- Self Motivation