Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
As a Developer, Design Pattern Library, you will develop reusable, responsive HTML components and drive roadmaps around the Optum Design Pattern Library for digital. Through collaborative relationships with external and internal stakeholders, you will identify opportunities to create a unified consumer experience across all of Optum’s web properties. You will strategically and creatively think about how the consumer experience should work; translating a vision to code that impacts millions of people and helps health the health care system.
This position manages a specific good or service available externally on the market that can be sold stand-alone, and that directly generates revenue. Responsible for the full product lifecycle management, including: strategy, design, development, management and end of life of new, existing or acquisition products. Leverage market insights to understand market/customer needs to identify new opportunities or make adjustments to current product offerings. Accountable for delivering product performance against expectations and updates changes to a product portfolio to improve competitive position, and optimal product performance to meet customer and market needs. Accountable to and/or own the P&L. Partner with internal or external stakeholders (key customers, product partnerships, etc.) to define and drive future product direction.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop smart, forward-thinking code to help drive pattern library adoption among designers and cross-platform developers
- Manage ongoing backlog and perform code releases of the design pattern library
- Navigate and influence multiple cross - functional creative and technical teams in a complex, matrix work environment
- Support the planning, development, governance, and expansion of a digital pattern library
- Evangelize for the adoption of web standards and reusable atomic design patterns, thinking globally throughout all web experiences
- Audit, synthesize, vet, and create UX patterns and documentation
- Able to translate designs to reusable pixel - perfect accessible mark-up
- Serve as a resource to IT on how to use the design pattern library
- Manage enterprise initiatives that require problem solving, relationship building, influencing and analyzing
- Influence innovation across teams to ensure aligned; cohesive progress across multiple areas including technology, marketing, and service operations
- Generally work is self-directed and not prescribed
- Works with less structured, more complex issues
- Serves as a resource to others
- Reporting/Working Relationships:
- Reports to the Director, UX. Works closely with design team members, IT, traditional product, digital product, experience strategists, marketing, operations, project coordinators, and outside partners/vendors
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience with HTML, CSS/SCSS
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and how to overcome them
- Solid grasp of web accessibility issues and how to navigate and meet current WCAG AA standards
- Comfortable with Git version control
- Familiar with modern front-end build pipelines and tools (Docker, Jenkins, etc.)
- Solid understanding of Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Experience creating or curating an enterprise design pattern library
- Design background (but must be a developer foremost)
- Familiarity with Storybookjs and Gatsbyjs
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals in a large matrix environment
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and influence others
- Developing to WCAG 2.0 / Section 508 Accessibility guidelines
- Proficiency in design tools (e.g. Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, Invision, among others)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Developer, Design Pattern Libraries, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote