GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world’s most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. GlobalFoundries is owned by Mubadala Investment Company. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Technology Development - PHD - Summer Internship 2022 -.
Summary of Role\:
GlobalFoundries Fab 9 Technology Development seeks an intern for summer employment at GF’s Fab 9 in Vermont. Strong candidates should have completed or nearly completed MSEE or related work in Semiconductor Device Physics, Device reliability and Semiconductor processing, or other applicable experience with Hetero Junction BiPolar (HBT) devices utilizing SiGe NPN device understanding, build, and or characterization.
Strong candidates should understand semiconductor device physics, state of the art semiconductor fabrication practices, device layouts, test and characterization. Ideal candidates are in a PhD program studying Silicon Germanium HBT’s and/or GaN HEMT (High Electron Mobility Transistors).
Essential Responsibilities Include\:
Initial and primary responsibilities could include but not limited to the following\:
- Defining, designing, and setting up electrical test structures, associated wafer measurements, and analysis tools to be used in the technology in order to characterize and monitor electrical parametric, reliability, and yield behavior. Wafer measurements include measuring and analyzing different discrete test structures for FET, BJT, LDMOS, HEMT, Capacitor, Diode, and Resistor devices, as well as some measurements on some limited device benchmark circuits such as Ring Oscillators to understand additional device performance metrics.
- Collaborate with the various development device, process integration, and program management teams within our group to characterize the technology as it is being developed to meet performance, reliability, yield, and cost objectives.
- Collaborate with various engineering teams outside the immediate area, e.g., testing, failure analysis, unit module process, reliability, manufacturing, and research organizations, to facilitate and achieve program success.
- Collaborate with various technical teams to ensure appropriate electrical tests are available for any new devices or concerns. Perform electrical device characterization, and drive analysis and team to meet best in class device performance. Includes DC and AC test and analysis of discrete electrical devices.
- Address customer requests or issues which may involve the definition of a custom device and/or electrical test.
- Collaborate with device engineers and electrical frame teams on definition and design of electrical test structures.
- Work with manufacturing test teams on test measurement definitions, setups, confirmation, and optimization. This includes writing code to calculate and/or extract device parameters covering critical device targets.
- Document and define in-line electrical wafer test specifications manuals and wafer acceptance criteria specifications.
- Analyze electrical results with respect to their defined test specifications with statistical analysis for manufacturing capability assessments.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Education Currently Pursuing a PHD in Electrical Engineering, Solid State Physics, Microelectronics, or other relevant engineering or physical science discipline.
- Language Fluency – Fluent in English Language – written & verbal
- Work or Co-op Experience in semiconductor processing, and/or Analog, Mixed Signal, or Power technology in bipolar and/or CMOS based semiconductor technologies.
- A basic knowledge of modern device physics (FET & BJT device, bulk & SOI device structures).
- A basic knowledge of DC electrical testing, CAD layout, Microsoft Word and Excel, device parameter extraction/calculation.
- A comprehensive knowledge of modern device physics (FET, BJT, LDMOS, and HEMT devices, bulk and SOI device structures). Including associated electrical test and analysis methods of discrete device structures.
- Experience with semiconductor device wafer level electrical testing, analysis, and characterization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, energetic, motivated, and self-driven.
- Demonstrate ability to work well within a global matrixed team or environment with minimal supervision.
- Outstanding communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments.
- Familiar with R, SAS JMP, PERL, MATLAB, Python.
- Familiar with 5S, 8D, 6-sigma, Cp, Cpk, SPC, DOE, FMEA.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Technology Development - PHD - Summer Internship 2022 - and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Effective January 4, 2022, GlobalFoundries will require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. GlobalFoundries will follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) definition of fully vaccinated and will require proof of vaccination. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, will have the opportunity to submit an accommodation request.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law
- Business Requirements
- Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor (Cmos)