Sargent & Lundy is one of the most experienced full-service architect-engineering firms in the world. Founded in 1891, the firm is a global leader in power and energy with expertise in grid modernization, renewable energy, energy storage, nuclear power, and fossil fuels. Sargent & Lundy delivers comprehensive project services\u2014from consulting, design and implementation to construction management, commissioning and operations/maintenance\u2014with an emphasis on quality and safety. The firm serves public and private sector clients in the power and energy, gas distribution, industrial, and government sectors.
Our Core Values
Every decision we make is guided by our core values. By upholding these six principles, we support our clients, employees, and community. They are the compass we follow as we continue to grow our business and lead the industry.
Quality \u2013 We provide high-quality deliverables and services through an uncompromising focus on peer review, safety, and continuous improvement.
Accountability \u2013 Our actions demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, and respect.
Our People \u2013 We value diverse perspectives, encourage professional growth, and are committed to providing a work community where people thrive. Our work is challenging but rewarding.
Our Clients \u2013 We deliver value and exceed our clients\u2019 expectations through outstanding customer service, personal accessibility, and clear communication.
Innovation \u2013 Since 1891, we have invested in the people, training, tools, and technology needed to quickly adapt in a constantly changing world.
Meaningful Impact \u2013 We make a positive impact in the communities where we work and live.
This I&C position offers the opportunity to work on upgrading and modernizing nuclear power plants with the latest control technologies the industry offers. You will be expected to both lead and support small and large controls projects with a focus on technical execution and effective Project Management. These projects will require coordination with mechanical, electrical, and structural disciplines to bring the project to completion.
You work will include investigating, troubleshooting, and resolving a wide variety of controls engineering issues, including the following:
- Develop Digital Systems Design -- PLC, DCS, HSI, networked computer systems.
- Prepare control system functional and implementation requirements and procurement specifications for nuclear plant control systems.
- Interface with the client to ensure proper project execution and client satisfaction.
- Prepare and review technical reports, calculations, and studies to present information in a clear and concise manner to meet client requirements.
- Manage resources/resource loading and develop estimates for task completion and budget development.
- Support the development of proposals.
- Prepare and review diagrams and drawings for new and upgraded controls solutions.
- Evaluate vendor bids from a technical perspective.
- Interface with vendors to perform document reviews, ensure equipment compliance with specifications and needs of the plant, and witness FAT performance on behalf of the client.
- Support implementation of the project at the client\u2019s facilities.
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
Essential skills and experience:
- BS or MS in Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, or Nuclear Engineering from an ABET accredited program.
- 10 or more years of experience in the design engineering of instrumentation and controls systems in a project team environment for commercial, industrial applications, with a focus on integrated and detailed system design modifications.
- Professional Engineering license is preferred.
- Ability to clearly communicate both in speech and written formats.
- Technically knowledgeable of available equipment and proven pre-engineered systems to execute systems design.
- Experience with serving as the firm's client liaison in a support or lead engineering role.
- Experience in reviewing design documentation.
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.
- Control Systems
- Design Engineering