Reports to: President
Volume: Revenue - $30 M per annum
The Controller directs and monitors implementation of accounting, budgeting, internal control and financial reporting policies, procedures and administrative practices at the operating unit. Provides financial guidance to executive staff. Drive financial understanding and accountability with all operational departments by sharing and explaining financial results.
Key Job Accountabilities:
Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives. Manage the success of their accounting and finance teams though increased technical training and succession planning.
Adhere to prescribed accounting and reporting policies, principles and conservatism. Coordinate the provision of information to internal and external auditors for auditors for the ultimate goals of certification of the Company's financial statements, improved efficiencies by implementation of recommendations, and to minimize total costs. Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner. Confirm that accounts receivable are collected promptly. Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions.
Issue timely and complete financial statements, annual budget and forecasts to Corporate. Coordinate the preparation of the corporate monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- To develop and adhere to adequate systems of internal control to assure proper stewardship of assets and to assure accuracy of accounting records and documentation, including appropriate policies and procedures.
- Work cooperatively with the CFO and Corporate Controller and make effective use of corporate counsel and other corporate services. Keep company management and Corporate Controller aware of major business and/or accounting issues.
- To ensure timely and effective accounting and identification of variances from plan, forecast and prior periods.
- To develop, analyze and interpret statistical and accounting information and to utilize the information in reports of operating results.
- To keep abreast of current accounting standards and also new developments in the areas of industrial accounting and financial reporting.
- To prepare and implement the budget and profit plans in conjunction with operating management of other departments.
- Where applicable, to direct the MIS function in accordance with overall corporate guidelines and to follow personnel policies and procedures.
- Strong general ledger, cost accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and financial knowledge.
- Managerial skills and abilities.
- Bachelor 's degree in Accounting or Finance plus CPA certification.
- Must have 10 years of hands-on accounting managerial experience.
- High degree of diplomacy and the ability to deal with and influence persons in all types of positions.
- Manufacturing (assembly) environment experience, 5 years minimum
- Audit experience is a plus
- Strong communication skills
Cost Accounting Procedures
Annual Financial Report