Want to help shape tomorrow? At Bendix we’ve been doing it for nearly 90 years …setting the standard with advanced dynamic solutions that drive improved commercial vehicle performance and safety. We’re part of the Knorr-Bremse Group, the global leader in braking technologies. As part of our team, you’ll collaborate with a world of talented and dedicated colleagues whose sense of purpose complements your own. You’ll find rewarding opportunities, diverse experiences, partnerships, and an unwavering commitment to ethics and integrity. Innovation is part of our DNA. Achievement drives our culture. Learn more today! URL blocked - click to apply
This position is responsible for developing and supporting vehicle testing field studies, root cause analysis, road load data collection, data analysis and vehicle test reports.
- Plans, conducts and coordinates a broad range of complex engineering technical assignments requiring an in-depth knowledge of foundation brake hardware, vehicle braking systems and problem-solving techniques.
- Regarded by Bendix as a technical expert in areas including foundation brake hardware, vehicle chassis systems & road load data collection.
- Will be a support resource to any Bendix department requiring vehicle test support.
- Will direct and coordinate the vehicle activities of other engineers or engineering support personnel on specific assignments.
- Has appreciable latitude for independent action and decision.
- Position is non-supervisory.
- Effective at communicating complex technical principles with a variety of audiences including customers and suppliers
- Self-starter/self-motivating with a bias for action and results driven. Detail oriented and driven to complete assigned tasks on time
- Capable of multi-tasking and adapting to changing priorities
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Solid analytical skills
- Good organizational and project management skills
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) is a plus, however must be eligible to obtain CDL.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills in a team environment
- Participation in the FMEA and DVP&R process
- Able to write test procedures, create technical requirements, specifications, and test plans
- Able to perform technical presentations to OEM customers
- Experience with ABS testing a plus.
- Knowledge of electronic vehicle control systems preferred
- Knowledge of air brake systems preferred
- Knowledge of applicable NHTSA requirements and SAE Recommended Practices preferred
- Knowledge of ISO17025 is a plus.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team in a dynamic working environment including international team members
- Comfortable communicating with internal and external customers
- 7-10 years of foundation brake testing within the automotive industry or commercial vehicle industry is required.
- Six Sigma & statistical tool experience is preferred.
- 8D process experience and demonstrated implementation of PCA solutions will be highly regarded.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering is required
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering is preferred
What does Bendix have to offer you?
- Work/life balance that includes Paid Vacation & Holiday Paid Time Off
- 401k Plan with Company matching
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement)
- Wellness Program and incentives
- On-Site Fitness Center
- On-Site Cafeteria with Healthy menu options
Health and Welfare Insurance Benefits that start on your 1st day of employment:
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Voluntary Employee-Paid Benefits:
- Medical and Prescription insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance Plans
- Supplemental AD&D insurance for Employee and Family
- Long Term Disability
- Accident Plan
- Critical Illness Plan
- Hospital Indemnity Plan