To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Downingtown, PA 19335
- Southeastern Home Health Services
- Phone: (215) 826-0900
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Home Health Care Aide
Southeastern Home Health Services • Downingtown, PA
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Southeastern Home Health Services is recruiting applicants for a Home Health Aide to cover the Chester County area. We have full and part time positions available. A professional worker who under the supervisions of a registered nurse or therapist, provides supportive services to the client and/or family to assist them in the achievement of physical and emotional comfort.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(1) Include, but are not limites to, providing personal care such as: Baths, Oral hygiene, Shampoos, Changing bed linen, Dressing and undressing patients/clients, Skin care and prevention of skin breakdown, Toileting activities, Maintaining patient's/client's living area in a clean and orderly fashion.
(2) Planning and preparing nutritious meals including medically prescribed diets.
(3)Assisting in feeding the patient/client, if necessary.
(4) Reporting on patient's/client's condition and changes in physical, mental and/or social statusto the assigned supervisory nurse.
(5) Attends inservices for a total of 12 hours annually including mandatory inservices.
(6)Participates in on-call, weekend, and holiday rotation as needed.
Routinely interacts with agency staff, patients and family members.
(1) Completion of a Geriatric Aide, Nursing Assistant or Home Health Aide course OR minimum 6 months experience as a nursing assistant in a nursing home or hospital OR a nursing student who has completed the clinical course that covers fundamental nursing functions.
(2) Minimum 18 years of age.
(3) Satisfactory completion of Home Health Aide Skills Demonstration, Competency Test and Universal Precautions Test.
(4) Ability to read, follow written and oral instructions and document care given.
(5) Able to work in a team relationship with peers and supervisors as well as the ability to work with little face-to-face supervision on a daily basis.
(6) Demonstrates tact, patience and good personal hygiene.
(7) Flexible and cooperative in fulfilling role obligation.
(8) Empathy for and understanding of the needs of the ill, injured, frail, elderly and impaired.
(9) Possesses and maintains good physical and mental stamina and health including: Negative TB test or chest x-ray, ability to stand for minimum 30 minute intervals, walk on even and uneven surfaces and rough ground, climb at least one flight of stairs carrying 15 pounts, lift 30 pounds from floor to chair and back to floor, push/pull 30 pounds, speak clear and understandable, handle stress of dealing with a variety of client and family situations.
(10) Dependable means of transportation to assignments.