To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Elkhart, IN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
General Shop Labor- 2nd Shift (Starting $15.72)
Valmont Industries, Inc. • Elkhart, IN
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Bundler position. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will be responsible for running the machine to create quality products within productivity standards. This person will also be responsible for setting up the finish saw in accordance with specified lengths for orders. Additionally, you will…
- Ensure the quality of tube and saw cut length
- Record data, such as finished tubes and/or scrapped tubes
- Bundle and load trailers of tubes to adhere to customer specifications
What it takes
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 1-3 years prior work experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment- Must have strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read micrometers, flatness and radius gauges and tape measures
- Must be able to read and interpret WIP instruction packets
- Must obtain forklift license within 90 days of starting job
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- Previous experience running an industrial forklift.
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Working Environment/Physical Efforts
- Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Reaching: Extending hands(s) and arms(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Able to use hand tools, including files, hammers, snips; power tools such as sanders, drills, riveters, and grinders.
- Proficiency in working with hand tools and common metal shop tasks
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].