DevOps Platform Engineer, Senior
Everyone is trying to "harness the power of the cloud," but not everyone knows how. As a platform DevOps engineer, you're eager to build, manage, and secure a container platform that meets your clients' needs and takes advantage of cloud capabilities. What if you could grow your technical skills to improve enterprise services, including DevSecOps, to enhance mission application development? We need you to help us develop and manage container management software to solve some of industry's toughest challenges.
On our team as a Platform DevOps Engineer, you'll help to establish an enterprise platform focused on rapid development, deployment, and scalability. You'll build your skills using the latest cloud technologies as you look for ways to improve your clients' environments with current container software to ensure seamless orchestration. Using your technical knowledge, you'll support your team as they inform strategy and design, while ensuring standards are met throughout the containerization process with AWS services, Kubernetes, Docker, and more tools.
You'll work with your team to recommend cloud and DevSecOps focused tools that will help your clients manage and securely adopt containers. Additionally, you'll build your skills in areas like Enterprise Services, CI/CD Pipelines, and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) while supporting the development of critical cloud platforms for Booz Allen Hamilton and it's client delivery. This position is open to remote delivery anywhere within the U.S., to include the District of Columbia.
Ready to transform the DoD with cloud platform technology?
Join us. The world can't wait.
* Experience with enterprise IT systems
* Experience deploying and configuring cloud-based services within AWS or Azure environments
* Experience using Windows or Linux operating systems
* Knowledge of Agile and version-controlled environment policies and best practices
* Ability to develop API solutions using Infrastructure-as-Code or Cloud oriented strategies
* Ability to work within an Agile and version-controlled environment
* Ability to obtain a security clearance
* Bachelor's degree
Nice If You Have:
* Experience with multiple CI/CD and Agile Development tools, including GitLab, Atlassian, and Jenkins
* Experience with commercial cloud service providers, including Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure, containers, serverless architecture, micro-services, Web services, and RESTful API design
* Experience developing Linux based solutions using commercial cloud
* Secret clearance
* Bachelor's degree in Cloud Computing, CS, or a related field
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choice, and support your total well-being. Our comprehensive benefit offerings include healthcare, retirement plan, insurance programs, commuter program, employee assistance program, paid and unpaid leave programs, education assistance, and childcare benefits.
Final salary will be determined based on various factors. The proposed salary range for this position in Colorado is 140,000 to 150,000.
Build Your Career:
A challenging and dynamic work environment isn't all we have to offer. When you join Booz Allen, you'll have access to:
* experts in virtually every field
* a culture that focuses on supporting our employees
* opportunities that provide stability while offering variety
You'll also be exposed to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal featuring more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We're an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change - no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.
- Agile Methodology
- Amazon Web Services
- Cloud Technologies
- Continuous Integration
- Dev Ops