To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Patuxent River, MD 20670
- Jacinda Moore
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Journeyman Software Engineer
Cherokee Nation Businesses • Patuxent River, MD
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Journeyman Software Engineer, Patuxent River, MD (ID#14639)
Cherokee Nation Strategic Programs is looking for a Journeyman Software Engineer to support the Advanced Concepts & Rapid Transition (AC&RT) 4.11.6 division within Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division. This position is located at NAS Patuxent River, MD.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read and understand Interface Control Document (ICD) and understand the associated functionality.
- Write/integrate and test a low level driver to get the data into a format that is consistent with the open architecture.
- Sensors will include: Electro Optics / Infra-Red (EO/IR) cameras, Radar/Lidar.
- Integrate track/data fusion engine into an existing software architecture.
- Develop and code techniques to identify air vehicle given large amounts of sensor data while rejecting similar patterns associate with the surround environment
- Make changes to user interface in order to rapidly prototype display of sensor data
- Combine different networks (RDTE, NMCI, etc) to work inside the open architecture environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 2-4 years’ experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in software of computer engineering required
- Experience using modern software tools
- Experience with configuration management, bug tracking, reverse engineering, and analysis tools
- Experience using Open Architecture concepts and the current standards
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Active Secret Clearance desired
- Understanding and use of following languages: C/C++, Python, XML, Matlab
- Knowledge in using Windows and Linux Operation Systems
- This position is primarily performed in a secured federal office setting on a military base within NAWCAD 4.11.6 laboratories climate controlled laboratories
With $400 million in annual revenue, 20% growth per year, approximately 950+ active contracts serving 60+ government agencies in 25 countries, 47 states, 2 territories and 2000+ employees, Cherokee Nation Businesses’ (CNB) group of Federal Contracting Section 8(a) companies is well positioned to deliver expertise needed to solve complex technical issues. Federal Solutions provides an array of services for 12 of the 15 cabinet-level departments and agencies – from applications and data services to cybersecurity and national defense.
Why consider Cherokee Nation and our Federal Solutions business? Here are some great resources highlighting what we do and compelling reasons for joining our team!
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may email “CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com” for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at “CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com” This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.