Contract employment opportunity available in Seneca Falls NY. Lookign for an experienced Network Engineer with CCNA certification to fulfill this 6+ month contract position.
The Network Specialist’s role is to build and implement network systems across the enterprise. This includes the planning, installation, configuration, maintenance, support, and optimization of all wide area network connections, data center networks, local area networks, associated software, and communication links. This person will also troubleshoot network performance issues, analyze network traffic, and leverage network security tools and components to improve the IT Security posture of the enterprise.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Plan and implement any improvement, modification, or replacement of network infrastructure components.
• Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
• Develop and implement policies, procedures, and associated training for network
• Ability to cross-train/mentor other team members
• Monitor and analyze network performance across the organization’s LANs, WANs, and wireless deployments.
• Ensure the stable operation and efficient performance of company networks.
• Monitor system capacity to determine its effect on performance and recommend enhancements to meet new or changing network demands.
• Identify and remedy network performance bottlenecks.
• Install and configure all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, firewalls, content filters, WAN optimizers, load-balancers, etc.
• Maintain network management applications
• Configure and monitor load-balancing and proxy of applications
• College Degree in computer science, information sciences or related field preferred, and or 3-5 years relevant experience.
• Current CCNA certification is required.
• CCNP or CCDP certification is a plus.
Knowledge & Experience
• Expert knowledge/understanding of network management and analysis platforms.
(Hands-on experience with Cisco Prime and ManageEngine Netflow Analyzer is a plus)
• Expert knowledge of multiple network platforms and technologies, including routers (Cisco), switches (Cisco), firewalls (Palo Alto), content filters (Palo Alto), and load-balancers (Citrix).
• Ability to design, setup and configure complex network environments.
• Ability to design, setup and configure complex wireless network environments (Cisco) that supports various secured configurations.
• Ability to configure, troubleshoot and maintain Cisco Unified Communication Manager.
• Ability to configure, troubleshoot and maintain Cisco Call Manager Express.
• Knowledge and previous experience with VoIP infrastructure.
• Hands-on experience with QoS.
• Experience with routing protocols such as EIGRP & BGP are required.
• Hands-on technical knowledge of network systems, protocols, and standards such as Ethernet, VoIP, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, T/DS/OC, 802.11x, and so on.
• Expertise in technologies used to enable remote employees including, but not limited to telephony, PCs, wireless networking, WiFi, and Smartphone
• Hands-on knowledge of the configuration of load-balancing of applications
Minimum Education Requirements :
Business or Technical School (AA Desired) or Equivalent
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
Data Center Networking
Local Area Networks