This position is responsible for managing the inventory and ensuring that the correct materials are procured timely to support the facility and productions demands. Responsible for receiving inventory, ensuring all procurement policies are adhered to. An employee in this position has the ability to perform all job requirements at the highest level.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Set an example and conduct activities consistent with the core values of CFRS contributing to a positive environment for communication, empowerment, and continuous improvement.
• Supervise and direct a workforce of 1 to 5 employees in the material department, providing support to production.
• Maintain an efficient workforce by training, counselling and motivating direct reports
• Lead all employees in the safety initiatives and adhere to all facility safety procedures.
• This position interacts and coordinates with all other positions within the repair facilities and CFRS’ Director of Sourcing.
• Responsible for managing the inventory and ensuring the inventory is accurate, and all required inventory levels are sustained to support production.
• Ensure required documentation for receiving and disbursing material is completed on a daily basis.
• Coordinate with the CFRS Director of Sourcing and supply vendors to ensure that materials and supplies are delivered in an efficient and cost-effective manner to support the repair facility without interruption, including outages or excess overages
• Maintain a clean and organized department to ensure all material and supplies are easily identified and are stored in a safe manor to ensure a quality product.
• Maintain and create material master information including standard cost, accurate descriptions and bin locations.
• Purchase materials in an efficient, effective and ethical manner consistent with all AAR and CFRS rules and policies
• Facilitate the estimation and inspection process through material selection and allocation of parts
• Coordinate reporting with all necessary personnel levels. Key functional groups include customers, engineers, estimators, supply vendors, production supervisors, and site management.
• Coordinate and facilitate site physical inventories, counts, and variances in conjunction with CFRS’ Director of Sourcing.
• Other responsibilities as assigned by Manager
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Education/Formal Training (preferred, but not limited to): Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to use Time Management System; and manage accurate work team time accounting.
• Participate in internal/external training; TBD by management
Work assignments involve standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, reaching, climbing, crawling, and crouching in strained and awkward positions for prolonged periods of time at various heights up to 20 feet. Uses hands, legs, and arms to climb vertical ladders to staging or suspended platforms. Lifts, carries, and sets up equipment and components that weigh up to 50 lbs. Employee must be medically certified to wear a respirator, as well as be able to wear respirators for prolonged periods of time.
Work will be performed outdoors and indoors, on and around heavy equipment. The employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. May be required to work overtime and/or varied shifts to meet the demands of the business
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled