We're all about the people - the people that work for us and the people we serve. Throughout our firm, you'll find a culture of inclusion, out-of-the-box thinking and family. We believe in working hard and playing hard, and we know the value of work-life balance. A career with us combines challenge, professional development, and support for the community. We are committed to creating a positive environment that impacts the people we work with and work for.
The following benefits are offered to our team members:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical/dental/vision health insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick days
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Profit sharing program
- Continuing education opportunities Leadership development program
- Regular office lunches
- Dog-friendly offices
- Employee and teambuilding activities
- Fresh fruit Mondays
- Popcorn Tuesdays and Fridays
- Free company apparel
- On site café
- Bike share program
- Education: Bachelors in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Certifications: P.E.
- Experience: 8+ years
- Supervisory Experience: 4+ years
- Technical Skills: Proficiency in MS Office and computer aided design and other industry-based software is required.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical and creative thinking.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills in a team-oriented environment.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills
As a Project Manager, you will:
- Supervise associates directly or indirectly, provide ongoing direction specific to project tasks, budgets, schedules and deliverables.
- Review, mentor, develop and manage associate's performance of project goals and company expectations.
- Manage all activities for assigned projects -including scheduling work, project budgets, directing associates and subconsultant activities, establishing and monitoring quality requirements, ensuring client satisfaction, and promoting integration across all areas of work.
- Report project budget variances to Director, along with a plan to bring project back into compliance.
- Communicate regularly with clients on project status.
- Ensure project communication between team members and clients.
- Maintain ongoing communication with clients, regulatory agencies and other outside groups.
- Make formal presentations to clients, stakeholders, the public and regulatory agencies.
- Prepare proposals/ contracts, and determine project requirements, budget, deliverables and scope based upon client dialogue and project understanding.
- Identify potential funding sources.
- Identify project risks and monitor/mitigate risk throughout the project lifecycle.
- Support and implement associate programs that foster a positive work environment and help develop each associate to their fullest potential.
- Demonstrate a passion for client service and relationship building with clients, subcontractors, regulatory agencies, and teams within our organization.
- Build client relationships through project delivery that meets and exceeds client expectations.
- Identify future projects/opportunities, services and client needs.
- Attend networking events, trade shows and technical conferences for business development purposes.
- Adhere to the company's QA/QC Performance Standards.
I am Maddy Shelton and I look forward to having a conversation with you about your aspirations for a future career. Please contact me at
(605) 305-3787 or email your availability and confidential resume to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Transportation Project Manager to have a conversation about this exciting career advancement opportunity!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 30 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.