Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. (NASDAQ: CLMT) is a master limited partnership and a leading independent producer of high-quality, specialty hydrocarbon products in North America. Calumet processes crude oil and other feedstocks into customized lubricating oils, solvents and waxes used in consumer, industrial and automotive products and produces fuel products including gasoline, diesel and jet fuel.
PURPOSE AND ROLE:
Manage reseller accounts and distributors of Industrial and Food Grade lubricants in an assigned territory. Provide reseller’s and customers at all levels of responsibility within their respective organizations with the sales tools, product training, and industry knowledge necessary to successfully increase sales of Calumet lubricants.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Represent Calumet in a manner consistent with our Vision/Mission/Values
• Deliver assigned sales volume and margin targets
• Manage and direct distributor sales force and manufacturers’ representatives in assigned region to achieve sales and profit goals
• Regularly provide product training, sales training, and support to distributor employees at the distributor/dealer/customer levels
• Identify, define and develop strategies for securing business opportunities within assigned region for Calumet lubricants
• Design and recommend sales programs and set long and short-term sales strategies.
• Implement and facilitate national programs within assigned region as directed and designed by Channel Sales Manager/ Director of Sales
• Foster positive working relations with reseller staff at all levels including the executive level and front-line employee level
• Leverage all marketing initiatives within assigned region to increase sales and cultivate relationships with distributors and dealers
• Aid wholesale distributors in soliciting and servicing potential end-user, dealer and commercial accounts.
• Aid in recruitment and development of new distributors
• Provides Channel Sales Manager and Director of Sales with a weekly sales report that includes information about recent activity and interaction with resellers, plans to maximize sales, industry trends and feedback
• Attends distributors’ sales and marketing conferences as deemed appropriate
• Solid understanding of all Calumet resources, services and abilities
• Additional duties as assigned
• Excellent written, verbal and relationship-building communication skills
• Basic proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Self-starter with the ability to prioritize tasks and deadlines
• Ability to work autonomously and to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Fosters positive work relationships and is a solid team player
• Supports the strategic and operational direction of the business
• 5+ years of relevant experience and bachelor’s degree OR equivalent combination of education and experience
• Strong knowledge and background in Industrial food grade lubricants and applications
• Understanding of opportunities requiring food Grade No-Tox Industrial lubricants
• Specific experience related to general lubrication
• Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the retail and commercial aftermarket
• Computer literate and have experience working with Microsoft programs and sales CRM/database programs
• Ability to travel within North America extensively
• Passport and good driving record
• Lubrication certification
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.