- 5-7 years of industry experience
- 2-5 years of experience in information technology management
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- Strong leadership skills, with ability to see the big picture, set standards, and create/ execute test plans
- Demonstrated experience in building out and managing a QA team, including leading manual and automated testing approaches.
- Expertise in testing methodologies including test case development as well as approaches to automated functional, integration and scale testing
- Experience with managing test frameworks and integration of QA best practices
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of application and technical functionality and capabilities and practice thinking outside the box to identify less obvious points of failure
- 5 years of experience working in quality assurance (SDET/test/automation), mentoring quality assurance staff and end users on quality objectives and testing processes
- 2 years of management experience
- 1-2 years of testing analytics implementations
- Experience with writing test cases using Gherkin
- Experience with databases (Postgres, NoSQL, Redis)
- Experience with testing frameworks like Codecept.js, Cypres.js, Selenium Webdriver, Appium, Cucumber.js, and Mocha
- Experience with Restful Web Services
- Knowledge of Node.js
- Strong experience with test automation tools, applying the latest techniques in test
As the Team Leader of Software Quality Assurance, you'll take ownership of quality assurance for all client systems (mobile apps and websites) and play a pivotal role in establishing a successful quality assurance culture and processes. In this capacity, you will also help build out a small QA team to support testing across our web, mobile app, and analytics properties, driving optimization and improvements, and collaborating with Engineering and other teams to accomplish business objectives. To be successful in this role, you must have very high standards, meticulous attention to detail, and the innate ability to break things. Since we are a small team, this role is hands-on and would be perfect for a Senior QA Lead looking to move up a rank.
- Lead a small team of remote/outsourced quality assurance engineers with both automated and manual testing responsibilities
- Manage the software quality assurance efforts across the organization
- Drive testing methodology and tools to support Agile and cross-platform (mobile, API, serverless, microservices) application development life cycles
- Creating and implementing a roadmap of testing and automation to support our product releases
- Ensure adequate test coverages over all critical paths of new and existing product flows
- Effective utilization and management of staff
- Set and communicate testing KPI’s to stakeholders
- Work closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements
- Understand how all elements of the system software ecosystem work together and develop quality assurance approaches that fit the overall strategy
- Continuously identify opportunities for process improvement
- Research and recommend new testing methodologies and technologies to support development and business functions
Who We Are
Dictionary.com is committed to eliminating anxiety with the English language through simple, expertly crafted definitions, the perfect synonyms, and rich narratives about the intersection of words and culture. We are the leading digital source for everything related to words and their meanings, with 70 million monthly users and 100 million app installs. We believe words are core to the human experience, and as such, we’ve made it our mission to deliver the best dictionary and thesaurus imaginable to the largest audience possible.
The Dictionary.com team exudes energy and a passion for words and language and is driven to invest in the people and products that will propel Dictionary.com forward another 20+ years.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law. #LI-Hybrid
- Agile Methodology
- Attention To Detail
- Business Planning