To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Union, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Fund Accountant, Hedge Funds - SS&C GlobeOp
SS&C Technologies Inc • Union, NJ
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
SS&C Technologies Holdings, Inc. is a global provider of financial services software and software-enabled services. Founded in 1986, SS&C has built the most comprehensive powerhouse of software technology in the financial services industry – technology that complements our unrivaled expertise and professionalism in fund administration, insurance and pension funds, and asset and wealth management accounting and operations. Named by Forbes as one of America’s best midsize employers, SS&C has more than 20,000 employees and 15,000 clients worldwide, and is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut, with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa, and Australia.
This position will be based at 1095 Morris Avenue, Union, NJ 07083
Senior Fund Accountant – Hedge Funds
Senior Accountant – Hedge Funds will be responsible for transaction processing, the proper application of accounting principles to complex transactions, and financial reporting, for our hedge fund clients.
The senior accountant will be responsible for a broad spectrum of financial and accounting matters affecting our hedge fund clients. Senior accountants should have a strong background in accounting for alternative investment funds, with a focus on hedge funds. The senior accountant is responsible for preparing and processing transactions and financial reports, and exercising sound judgment regarding the proper application of accounting principles to complex transactions. Additionally, the senior accountant must have proven client service skills, and the ability to work within a team toward the timely and accurate production of client deliverables.
- Reconcile the funds cash to outside sources
- Reconcile the funds positions/securities to outside sources
- Research internal differences between the accounting and trade entry systems
- Price the fund portfolios
- Analyze fund performance on a daily and monthly basis
- Issue P&L reports on a daily basis
- Accurate calculation of fund NAV's
- Post accounting entries to ledger
- Perform month-end close processes/financial statement preparation
- Work with various products including equities, bonds, swaps, options, FX, mortgages, financing and futures
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 2+ years experience in accounting – experience in the financial services sector a plus
- Prior experience with various financial products; for example equities, fixed income, repurchase agreements, futures, FX, mortgages and options a strong plus
- Knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and other comprehensive basis of accounting – knowledge of accounting for financial instruments a plus
- Must have a strong academic foundation in financial accounting: journal entries, cash transactions and reconciliations, non-cash activity, investment activity, and investor capital activity
- Deadline oriented with ability to complete assigned tasks independently.
- Working knowledge of corporate actions
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, with emphasis on Excel skills
- Sungard Investran experience a plus
- Team player
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.
SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
- Pay Type Salary