To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Statewide, NC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Workers Compensation Administrator
Grifols • US-State-NC
Posted 2 months ago
For more than 75 years, Grifols has worked to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. We are a global healthcare company that produces essential plasma-derived medicines for patients and provides hospitals, pharmacies, and healthcare professionals with the tools, information and services they need to deliver expert medical care. Grifols’ three main divisions – Bioscience, Diagnostic & Hospital – develop, manufacture, and market innovative products and services available in more than 100 countries. At Grifols we are united around a strong sense of pride – operating under the highest standards for quality and safety.
We are committed to fostering an environment that creates continuous learning opportunities and encourages professional development and growth. We would love for you to consider growing your career with us. If challenging and meaningful work excites you, make a difference and join us in this rewarding enterprise!
Workers’ Compensation Operations Administrator
The Workers’ Compensation (WC) Operations Administrator coordinates the WC programs and processes across US company locations. This position will be responsible for the program’s oversight and claim portfolio. The WC Operations Administer will work in partnership with our external Third Party Claims Administrator, Health Management Services (HMS), Risk Management, Legal, Health & Safety and other internal stakeholders to review, investigate and assist in decisions regarding coverage, loss control and excellence in WC program management.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provides administrative oversight of workers’ compensation claims for US based Grifols employees.
- Files new claims and works in conjunction with internal medical staff to complete, or validate, the First Reports of Injury for multi-state, US operations.
- Responsible for communications with third-party workers’ compensation carrier to ensure accurate and timely correspondence of claim related wage information, legal or other required requests.
- Proactively works with internal stakeholders on loss control and claims containment.
- Assists with WC closure strategies and ensures/monitors reserve allocations for complex cases.
- Proactively works with internal medical management, claim consultants and Risk Manager on workers compensation related matters.
- Manages the claim review process with internal and external partners.
- Where appropriate, works collaboratively with stakeholders to facilitate coordination and interfacing of other benefits such as FMLA, LOA and ADA, Workers Compensation eligibility requirements, time periods of coverage and policies.
- Prepare approval requests for settlement authority which require Corporate Management signoff
- Works closely with business units and vendors to assure safety and injury reporting related documents are processed according to standard procedures and troubleshoots delays.
- Maintains and updates various medical management databases in compliance with regulatory statutes in shared collaborative areas and reports data internally to customers.
- Provides injury and workers compensation related data to internal partners which may include Health & Safety, Operations, Human Resources and Risk Management.
- Associate Degree is required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Relevant WC or Human Resources certifications, preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience in Workers’ Compensation administration or closely related function.
- Equivalency: In lieu of an Associate’s degree, candidate must have a High School Diploma / GED plus 4 years of related Workers’ Compensation experience.
- General understanding of FMLA, LOA and ADA.
- Strong team player, organized, detail orientated and able to work independently.
- User knowledge of electronic medical records, such as OHM, RMIS system, preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of computer applications such as word, excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and SAP.
- Some medical experience or background is preferred, but not required.
- Spanish preferred, not required.
*This job description is accurate at the date of publication. It is intended to provide information essential to understanding the scope and general nature of the work performed by job holders within this position. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. Other duties may be assigned and qualifications required may change over time.
Grifols is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition or characteristics, disability or veteran's status or any other classification protected by applicable State/Federal laws. We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Location: NC-RTP|NC-Raleigh|NC-Clayton|NC-Durham|CA-Los Angeles: