To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lexington, KY 40517
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Customer Service Associate
Kentucky Medical Services Foundation • Lexington, KY
Posted 2 months ago
Date: November 2017
Job Title: Customer Service Associate J
ob Status: Non-exempt, Full time
Department: Patient Services
Reports to: Customer Service Supervisor
Direct Reports: None
Summary: Primarily responsible for handling calls in the call center in a timely and accurate manner.
1. Responds to telephone inquiries in a call center format
2. Responds to written inquiries related to the medical practice’s policies and procedures
3. Answers questions related to patient billing or determine if further research needs to be done
4. If additional research is needed, account will be escalated to Tier 2 with appropriate documentation
5. Provides accurate information to customers regarding insurance benefits, providers, claims, referrals, and eligibility, etc.
6. Properly documents all inquiries, complaints, conversations, and procedures completed related to patient billing or patient’s account
7. Collect appropriate payments from customer
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Experience: Minimum two years of experience in customer service, preferably in the health care industry
Work Environment: Work is performed in a temperature controlled, well-lighted office environment
Equipment Operated: Standard office equipment including computer, monitor, mouse, keyboard, fax machine, copier, printer, telephone, etc.
Physical Requirements: Job entails sitting approximately 90 percent of the day, walking or standing the remainder. Job does not involve lifting or carrying objects of more than 10 pounds, climbing, crawling, kneeling, squatting, bending, stooping, or any other physically strenuous motions or activities.
Mental Requirements: Concentration, comprehension, focus and attention to details
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Knowledge of medical terminology
2. Knowledge of insurance industry and billing procedures
3. Knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation for written and verbal correspondence
4. Skill in using computer programs and applications
5. Skill in conflict resolution
6. Ability to handle multiple priorities at the same time
7. Ability to read, understand, and follow oral and written instruction
8. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
9. Ability to establish effective working relationships with patients, employees, and the public
10. Able to listen, comprehend, and learn so as to become increasingly proficient in job functions
11. Basic computing skills, including proficient use of MS Outlook, Excel, and Word, as examples
12. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
13. Commitment to company and department values (e.g. integrity, accountability, collegiality, excellence, innovation)
Performance Requirements / Key Metrics:
1. Handle pre-determined number of inquiries per day
2. Resolve patient-related issues within established guidelines