To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cheyenne, WY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Controls Program Manager
BGIS North America • Cheyenne, WY
Posted 1 month ago
We are currently seeking a Controls Program Manager to join the team as a member of our growing company.
BGIS is a leading provider of integrated real estate management services, including facilities management, project management, energy & sustainability services, strategic workplace consulting, real estate services and capital planning. Its range of solutions, supported by efficient systems, processes and people, enables it to create and optimize places that work for its clients. The team is dedicated to inspiring better business performance and helping clients focus on their core businesses. With over 20 years of experience, we employ over 5,000 skilled professionals and manage in excess of 56 million square metres of property and infrastructure, and delivers services that drive sustainable cost reductions for its clients. As part of the wider Brookfield Asset Management Group, BGIS’ s clients benefit from the combined strength, expertise and leadership. When you join our team, whether as a seasoned professional or a recent graduate, you’re joining an industry-leading company that makes a difference in our communities, drives innovation through best practices and technology, and takes pride in being one of Canada’s Green 30 companies since 2010.
Visit us online at http://www.bgis.com/our-careers/ for more information.
This person will be responsible for:
- Completes assigned projects by utilizing appropriate resources effectively and balancing the customer requirements with the agreed upon strategies of the company.
- Determines and facilitates the usages of resources, internal and external, required for the project.
- Responsible for the successful management and completion of projects.
- Responsible for the definition of customer project requirements.
- Own, manage and implement the project schedule as a project management and client management visibility tool, establish schedule to meet or exceed customer requirements
- Provide ongoing updates to internal team and customers regarding project status and progress.
- Work to balance competing customer production priorities and negotiate compromises among projects.
- Ensure all Projects are performed safely and in accordance with the BGIS. Safety Policies/Procedures.
- Oversee the document management process to ensure procedures and standards are established, maintained and performed.
- Capture all customer impacting and non-customer impacting events in order to become more equipped to be proactive and preventative (Problem/Incident Management (PIM).
- Ensure compliance by capturing and consolidating training into a single system and produce high level reporting.
- Establish Key Performance Indicators, and Key Factors to be used in the Measurement and Verification Phase.
- Diagnose and repair complex control systems malfunctions requiring extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems and ability to test and write modifications in multiple languages of systems software.
- Provide proposals for retrofits, upgrades and/or enhancements to existing equipment.
- Responsible for ensuring high customer and employee satisfaction while maintaining profitability.
- Ensure customer project information such as sales, orders, job worksheets, and site information is forwarded to other departments such as operations and accounting to ensure quality customer service, timely billing, and financial management of the project.
- Document, manage and appropriately escalate project and customer issues and concerns.
- Communicate with other BGIS Departments to ensure agreements are successfully managed, opportunities are maximized, and customers are satisfied.
- Evaluate industry standards as new standards emerge for best practices, and closely coordinate these potential opportunities with our clients and share all applicable information abroad.
- Ability to clearly explain technical information internally and externally to the customer.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, and ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Facilities Management, Construction Management,Electrical Engineering or equivalent field of study or equivalent work experience required.
- Five (5) years of experience in facility management or related field required.
- Knowledge of Data Center Operations and Building automation systems configurations required.
- Five (5) years of experience in critical electrical industry preferred.
- Professional affiliations preferred (24x7, IFMA, and Data Center Pulse).
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Outlook and Visio required; working knowledge of SharePoint required.
- Expert knowledge of Data Center Operations and System configurations required
- Knowledge of building infrastructure systems required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong team building and training skills required.
- Working knowledge of typical mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and life safety systems associated to Critical Environments
- He/she prefers physical Demands and work environment .
- Physical ability to walk job sites in uneven terrain.
- Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
- Ability and willingness to work weekends, holidays, overtime as required, and be "on call" on a 24 x 7 basis for emergency situations.
- Work in potentially hazardous environments with noise, moving parts, electrical and combustion equipment.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment and training.
BGIS is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within BGIS who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.