Visit our website at www.beringstraits.com to apply!
Bering Global Solutions (BGS) a subsidiary of Bering Straits Native Corporation is currently seeking a qualified Cyber Security Engineer (Firewall) for Washington D.C.
The selected candidate\u2019s primary jobs duties will involve configuring and administering a suite of cutting-edge enterprise-grade network security tools, including Palo Alto Networks firewalls, Azure Premium Firewall, Office365 Defender products, Akamai web application firewall (WAF), and more. The selected candidate will work closely with a team of highly skilled security engineers protecting the federal client\u2019s network from state-sponsored advanced persistent threat (APT) adversaries, cybercriminals, malicious insiders, and all other cyber threat actors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed for this position and are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job. Other duties may be assigned.
A candidate with a strong background in network administration will be successful in this position. Proficiency with enterprise network infrastructure technologies, such as firewalls, routers, switches, load balancers, and VPNs are critical for this position. Hardcore, hands-on technical skills and knowledge are required to deploy, configure, operate, maintain, and troubleshoot the sophisticated enterprise-grade security technologies within the client\u2019s network environment. This position is ideal for network administrators looking to advance their careers into the realm of cybersecurity.
In course of regular job duties, the selected candidate will gain exposure to many different enterprise-grade security technologies, which perform critical functions such as vulnerability scanning, malware detection, network intrusion prevention, firewall blocking, enterprise-wide incident response, and security information and event management (SIEM). Some examples of the 20+ cutting-edge security technologies that the selected candidate will work with are: SentinelOne, Palo Alto firewalls, Microsoft Security Suite, and CyberArk.
QUALIFICATIONS - EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree Computer Science or Information Technology or relevant work experience
- 2+ years of firewall/network engineering experience
- Any of the following professional certifications are desired but not required:
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- Cisco CCNA
- Cisco CCNP
- Palo Alto PCNSE
Required (Minimum Necessary) Qualifications (applies to both this section and KSAO\u2019s)
- Work with a team of network security engineers to deploy, configure, administer, operate, maintain, and troubleshoot the following network security products:
- Palo Alto Networks firewall appliances
- Azure Premium Firewall
- Microsoft Defender Products
- Gigamon network taps
- Akamai WAF
- Implement firewall rules in Azure and Palo Alto Networks firewalls.
- Troubleshoot network issues caused by security tools to enable business functionality while maintaining a least privilege/least functionality security model.
- Evaluate emerging/competing network security technologies for consideration during annual procurement cycles.
- Architect and deploy any newly procured security products in a configuration optimized to protect the federal client\u2019s network and data.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Basic proficiency with one or more of the following common enterprise technologies:
- Firewalls: Azure, Cisco, Juniper, or Palo Alto Networks
- VPNs \u2013 client access and site-to-site
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Windows operating systems
- Linux/Unix-based operating systems
- Basic understanding of common computer and networking technologies:
- TCP/IP stack
- Networking technologies (routing, switching, VLANs, subnets, firewalls)
- Common networking protocols \u2013 SSH, SMB, SMTP, FTP/SFTP, HTTP/HTTPS, DNS, etc.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills:
- Ability to work independently to identify errors, pinpoint root causes, and devise solutions with minimal oversight.
- Excellent communications skills:
- Ability to communicate with senior management and federal client staff \u2013 both technical and non-technical \u2013 in a clear and concise manner using proper spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
NECESSARY PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employee must maintain a constant state of mental alertness at all times. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking or standing for prolonged periods of time; most of time is spent sitting in a comfortable position with frequent opportunity to move about.
COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS
- This position is not currently subject to federal or company requirements regarding COVID-19 vaccination or regular testing; but this is subject to change at any time. Employees are expected to comply with all current and future federal and company requirements.
DOT COVERED/SAFETY-SENSITIVE ROLE REQUIREMENTS
- This position is not subject to federal requirements regarding Department of Transportation \u201csafety-sensitive\u201d functions.
Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be borne by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Job is performed in an office setting with exposure to computer screens and requires extensive use of a computer, keyboard, mouse, and multi-line telephone system. The work described herein is primarily a modern office setting. Occasional travel may be required.
- No supervisory responsibilities.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS
As a condition of employment, you will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and have acceptable background check results. If applicable to the contract, you must also obtain the appropriate clearance levels required and be able to obtain access to military installations.
Shareholder Preference. BSNC gives hiring, promotion, training and retention preference to BSNC shareholders, shareholder descendants and shareholder spouses who meet the minimum qualifications for the job.
Bering Straits Native Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. We are a drug free workplace. ',
- Application Firewall
- Cisco Certified Network Professional