To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Phoenix, AZ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Government Consulting Analyst
MARSH & MCLENNAN COMPANIES, INC • Phoenix, AZ
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Mercer Government Human Services Consulting (GHSC) specializes in assisting government-sponsored programs in becoming more efficient purchasers of health and welfare services. Mercer GHSC brings a team of consultants, clinicians, actuaries, analysts, and accountants to a project to assure a coordinated approach to the administrative, operational, actuarial, and financial components of public-sponsored health and welfare programs.
The Sr. Government Informatics Analyst will provide accurate and timely data and financial analysis on various actuarial/financial projects for government sponsored health and welfare programs. To fulfill this role, the Sr. Government Informatics Analyst will:
- Summarize and validate data in Excel and Access. Work with project lead to scope data aspect of project and determine type and features of data model to be used.
- In conjunction with project lead, update and enhance existing models with new data sets and assumptions.
- Summarize and validate data from multiple internal and external data. Review data for accuracy and completeness of data before and after data is entered into the data model.
- Build and/or update complex data models in Excel and/or Access. Based on client need and project team input, assist in the development flexible and unique data model. Scoping data model includes defining and understanding the data set, determining the best framework of the model, work with project lead to determine all pieces of data sets and determine and apply assumptions. Data models should be flexible and broad enough to make adjustments and changes at different points in process.
- Build supplemental ad hoc analysis as needed
- Discuss and explain the analysis and impact of model on data to team and project leader.
- Check and review that source data and data calculations are correct. Ensure appropriate peer review protocol is adhered to. Review project documentation, including technical write ups, certification, executive summary that is specific to employee's contribution to the project
- Gain an understanding of government sponsored Health and Welfare programs through participation in mandatory office sponsored analyst training, including peer review and actuarial concepts and protocols.
- Train junior team members on procedures and protocol. Share knowledge of data modeling with junior staff. Become familiar with intranet resources by participating in training courses, online learning, or through learning from more experienced colleagues.
- Project management skills including: managing the quality and timeliness of project deliverables, delegate project tasks to junior staff and ensure deadlines for tasks are met.
- Participating in client calls and meetings as appropriate
- Ensure project team is regularly updated on owns project status. Take notes during team meeting and follow up with action items and assignments
BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience required
• Minimum one to three years of industry experience required
• Experience using SAS, SQL or equivalent programming language ideal.
• Knowledge of MS Office Tools. Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel. Intermediate skills in Access.
• Strong analytical and mathematical skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to organize, prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment