To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Omaha, NE
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Customer Service Representative II
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City • Omaha, NE
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City is one of 12 regional Reserve Banks that, along with the Board of Governors in Washington, D.C., make up our nation’s central bank. The Federal Reserve plays a major role in operating the nation’s payment system, and additionally serves as a fiscal agent to the U.S. Department of the Treasury (Treasury) to support key payments business lines and programs in partnership with the Treasury.
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City is seeking a Customer Service Representative II to provide call center support for the Stored Value Card (SVC) business line in support of the Department of Treasury. The SVC operation reduces cash and checks at over 100 military bases and installations in 13 countries (including the U.S.), and on approximately 150 Naval ships. Meeting this global demand requires the deployment of over 8,700 pieces of equipment, including kiosks (cashless ATMs), point-of-sale terminals, laptops, and other related peripherals. The SVC operations area provides Treasury 24/7 support. This position is part of a customer service team that provides functional and technical support to SVC customers. This position provides high quality, professional, and timely customer service to internal and external customers; responds to a variety of business-specific inquiries, issues, and requests via customer service phone line, electronic or standard mail, and/or in person; ensures that issues are escalated properly and addressed in a timely manner; completes ad-hoc, unit-specific assignments.
- Provide Level One troubleshooting and support for laptops, Point-of-Sale devices, Kiosks, and financially related inquiries. Perform trouble ticket escalation, as required. Assist with customer questions and problems by troubleshooting hardware and software problems, including (as needed) simulating or recreating problems to resolve operational difficulties. Interact, as needed, with network services and/or software developers to restore service and/or identify and correct problems. Refers more complex problems to Level Two support; follows up to ensure resolution for and communication of a solution to the customer.
- Work with customers over the phone and via e-mail to test software for proper operation; document and work to resolve all problems.Recommend quality improvements based on discussions/work with customers.
- Provide direct communication and customer support to high-level management at FRB, Fiscal Service, and military finance offices, as well as merchants and vendors. Provide relieving shift staff with a hand off of or daily update on outstanding issues.
- Document customer interactions into a call logging system
- Provide guidance and assistance to less experienced staff
- Assist with new hire integration training by conducting on-the-job training
- Participate in testing of new applications and processes
- Assist management with quality call monitoring
- Recommend procedural updates/changes based on call monitoring process
- Provide feedback to peers and less experienced customer service representatives regarding call handling
- Identify when a procedure needs to be updated and inform the operational team; may contribute to making the updates
- Identify and recommend updates to the CSR knowledge management tool
- Possess a basic understanding of service level agreement metrics
- Work independently; provide training, coaching, and mentoring to CSR I employees
- Consult with management and notify other SVC staff of customer issues
- Apply analytical thinking to provide solutions to customer issues; identify process improvements, update procedures, and collaborate with management
- Actively convey the voice of the customer to management and peers when feedback or complaints are received
- Possess intermediate multi-tasking and analytical skills
- Possess basic to intermediate data analytic skills
- Maintain problem management database and customer service desk system.
- Produce scheduled and ad hoc reports and process production files as required by the Operations unit. Conduct detailed research and analysis.
- Build and maintain detailed understanding of SVC business at a level appropriate to provide a high level of support to internal and external customers.
- Travel – Up to 15% once steady state operations are achieved; more significant travel of approximately 25% may be required during the initial transition period.
- Associate’s degree from a two-year college or technical school, or equivalent experience required
- One to three years of call center or help desk experience required
- One to three years of experience with FR electronic access products and services
- Technical aptitude and knowledge of technology used in kiosks, point of sale devices, laptops, and other equipment and associated software used by SVC customers
- Advanced troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Intermediate to advanced typing skills
- Superior customer service skills for internal and external customers, to include active listening for a positive customer experience
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Good multi-tasking and time management skills
- Availability to work assigned shift (shifts are staffed around the clock)
- United States citizenship is required for this position
- Customer Service Professional or Advance Customer Service Professional program certification
- Knowledge of payment card industry
- Knowledge of Department of Defense organization and financial management processes
- Military experience or experience working with military organizations and personnel
- Experience with call center applications and tools
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and our YouTube channel - Kansas City Fed.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City is an equal opportunity employer. As such, the Bank recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability and/or sexual orientation.