The demand for fresh food and pharmaceutical increases the need for better shipping and storing capabilities across the entire cold supply chain. Food spoilage is a significant challenge; about 1/3 of all food produced is thrown away. Food safety is another issue, with 1 in 6 Americans contracting foodborne illness each year. Ultra-low temperatures for vaccines have never been so critical. We see a future where all food and pharmaceutical shipped and stored arrives safely and sustainably. Emerson does not produce, move, store, or sell food and medicine directly. We serve businesses that perform all those jobs. Serving businesses and optimizing our customer's performance across their Cold Chain is the role Emerson plays.
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our Cold Chain Compression Solutions product management team responsible for the Copeland portfolio. Copeland is a $500M sales portfolio that includes five product platforms – Scroll Compressors, Semi-Hermetic Compressors, Hermetic Reciprocating Compressors, Condensing Units, and Variable Speed Drives – and is commercialized across multiple markets and applications as Cold Chain Solutions.
Reporting to the Director of Product Management, the Product Manager will be responsible for CO2 Compression Solutions and the Semi-hermetic Product platform, accountable for leading large programs with cross-functional teams across the global Cold Chain and managing the product platform P&L.
CO2 has become a leading solution among many different refrigerants and systems architecture options. Emerson is investing to revolutionize its offer in CO2, and the Product Manager will lead the efforts on Compression Solutions. The Copeland Semi-Hermetic the most trusted compressor name in the industry, widely recognized for its technology that sets the standard for performance, reliability, and regulation-adhering efficiency. It is commercialized in critical markets and applications like Containers, Supermarket Racks, Display Cases, Walk-ins, Chillers, Laboratories, and Cold Storage. As A Product Manager, CO2 Cold Chain, YOU WILL:
Product Platform P&L, Strategy, and Lifecycle Management:
- Own the Semi-Hermetic P&L for the Americas – United States, Canada, and Latin America. Ensure organizational alignment on hitting the sales growth and profitability targets. Participate in executive-level sales and operations planning, resolving operational challenges related to the lifecycle of existing products and launches of new products. Understand the cost, quality, warranty, delivery, and other internal metrics to ensure the short and long-term success of the business.
- Drive product vision and execution. Develop long term growth strategies, product roadmaps, design, requirements, and priorities for the platform. Ensures synergies and global resources are leveraged. Develop business cases to support priorities around economies of scale work.
- Prioritize new product development programs and product lifecycle management efforts based on business opportunities or threats vs. resource requirements in collaboration with Program Management, Marketing, and Engineering to maximize the organization resource utilization. Oversee execution of plans throughout various phases of the product lifecycle – development, launch, sustain, phase-out.
- Communicate with executive leaders to maintain alignment with priorities and objectives.
Value Proposition, Industry Expertise, and Customer Focus:
- Collaborate with sales and marketing to build the CO2 and Semi-Hermetic product value proposition and pricing strategy, and the commercialization plan, including go-to-market, customer engagement, promotional materials, product presentations, customer bulletins, and marketing collateral.
- Understand industry trends, market dynamics, and competition across different markets. Serve as an expert and primary contact for sales and customers for the jobs they are trying to accomplish, and problems they face when deploying CO2 and Semi-Hermetic Compression Solutions. Understand customer issues and help resolve them. Maintain and improve customer relationships.
- Support customer engagements for the various Semi-Hermetic applications and be the focal point for applications in CO2. Gather customer feedback and requirements for new products. Use market and product knowledge to train multiple groups internally and externally to drive sales growth.
Cross-functional Leadership Organization-wide:
WHO YOU ARE:
- Lead cross-functional teams working closely with Program Management, Marketing, Finance, Quality, Engineering, Sales, Operations, and Supply Chain for critical integrated market solutions programs.
- Collaborate with other Emerson world areas and business groups regarding the product platform, critical global programs, and common market compression solutions.
- You formulate a clear strategy and map aggressive steps that will accelerate the organization toward its goals.
- You serve as a strategic partner to build, grow, and maintain profitable and long-lasting relationships with key accounts.
- You always keep the end in sight and put in extra effort to meet deadlines.
- You show a tremendous amount of initiative in tough situations and are exceptional at spotting and seizing opportunities.
- You analyze multiple and diverse sources of information to define problems accurately beofre moving to solutions
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Engineering, Marketing, or Business
- Minimum five (7) years related work experience in product management, project management, marketing, sales, or engineering occupation
- Proven track record in managing with the founder's mentality and owner's mindset, with full accountability, high-level autonomy, and holistic perspective
- Strong quant and analytical abilities to use data to develop strategies and make decisions, but do not suffer from analysis paralysis; must have a proven track record of robust delivery
- Must have entrepreneurial skills to quickly turn ideas into actions, operate in a customer-centric way, take risks, and accomplish results through others
- Commercial development and marketing expertise in B2B environments that led to business growth
- Must possess the ability to lead cross-functional teams and effectively communicate and present information to customers, stakeholders, and top management
- Ability to travel 25%-30% of the time
- Legal authorization to work in the United States - Sponsorship will not be provided for this role
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Master's degree in Business Administration
- Experience in Transportation Cold Chain and/or other Cold Chain industries, working directly with original equipment manufacturers, designers/consultants, wholesalers, contractors, and/or end-user customers
- Experience with Cold Chain CO2
- Expertise in product portfolio planning and product development processes, from discovery to testing and launch
- Demonstrated strong financial modeling and forecasting skills, and professional proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Large-scale program management
[ Link removed ]
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Emerson places a high value on ensuring that employees have a good work-life balance. We provide access to a competitive benefits package, including the following: medical insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401k participation with a competitive immediate match, fitness center, tuition reimbursement, parental leave, and an online wellness rewards program. Immediate vacation and holiday leave available, including a shutdown from December 24 through New Year’s Day. Employee resource groups, including a very active Diversity and Inclusion committee, ensure that the Emerson values are incorporated into everyday employee life.
Why Work in the Greater Miami Valley Area
Our facility is located in [ Link removed ] which is conveniently located within driving distance to several larger cities, such as [ Link removed ] , [ Link removed ] , and [ Link removed ] . The area’s generally low costs of living, excellent school systems, and low crime rates create a family-friendly environment. The area is home to several growing communities with restaurants, festivals, shopping, and arts scenes that make them exciting places to live and work.
About our Location
The newly renovated Sidney campus has 1M square feet of manufacturing floor with an additional 120k square feet of leading-edge lab facilities. This location is the headquarters for the air conditioning and cold chain businesses. Through our 30 years of scroll compressor expertise, our air conditioning related products help bring comfort and convenience in commercial, industrial and residential spaces. The cold chain business helps ensure that food safely and efficiently travels from farm to fork. Approximately 1600 employees work in Sidney, who all support a multitude of business functions. With the blend of businesses and functions represented under this one roof, there are many opportunities for advancement within the Sidney location.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. [ Link removed ] .
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our[ Link removed ] and about [ Link removed ] .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [ Link removed ] .
[ Link removed ]
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.
New Product Development