Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today [ Link removed ]
Position Specific Description
• The Project Manager will track and review proposals on NextEra’s behalf from various stakeholder groups (government, NGOs, trade associations, etc.) in the clean energy and infrastructure space
• Externally, the Project Manager will represent NextEra Energy in trade associations, with Non-Governmental Organizations and in specific matters related to federal and state environmental regulatory agencies
• Highly developed oral and written communications skills and 7-10 years of experience in energy and environmental policy either in the government and/or private sector
• Strong cross-functional knowledge and project management leadership required
• Work well both independently and on teams
• Problem-solving skills where problems are complex and the demonstrated ability to develop processes, if none exist
• Responsibilities also include broader environmental policies related to greenhouse gases and climate change, including emissions credit trading, cap and trade programs, water, and wildlife
Ideally the Project Manager will sit onsite in our Head Quarters in Juno Beach, FL; however, remote work may be negotiated for qualified candidates in regionally appropriate locations.
Employees in this job provide specialized environmental expertise and environmental technical support to ensure compliance with environmental laws, regulations and permits.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads environmental programs that provide specialized expertise to ensure cost effective environmental solutions
- Maximizes operational flexibility and environmental benefits for costs incurred
- Contributes to improved system reliability and customer satisfaction
- Translates regulations and permits into actionable tasks
- Provides guidance on alternatives to minimize environmental impacts
- Identifies, tracks, and analyzes environmental performance metrics
- Reviews, monitors, and comments on emerging environmental legislation and regulations
- Assists with development of strategy and communicate environmental requirements to management
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience: 6+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Environmental/Chemistry/Rad Protection
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to [ Link removed ] , providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call
. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our [ Link removed ] for more information.
Nearest Major Market: Palm Beach
Nearest Secondary Market: Miami
- Customer Satisfaction
- Environmental Policy
- Infrastructure Management