To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Greenville, SC 29615
- MDI Group
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Government Sales Director
MDI Group - IT Workforce Solutions for What's Next • Greenville, SC
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Government Sales Director
Greenville, SC area
The Government Sales Director plays a key role in driving strategic, enterprise-wide software sales initiatives within the federal, state, county and municipal government markets. You lead a highly visible and motivated sales team that generates on-target revenues and achieves individual, team and organizational quotas. You will be a valuable contributor to the corporate sales strategy while providing development and implementation of a plan for your team to achieve annual corporate revenue objectives. Additionally, the Government Sales Director collaborates with direct and indirect reporting Account Managers to achieve goals by providing coaching, mentoring and direction throughout the sales process. Government Sales Directors are self-motivated and energetic leaders who possess in-depth knowledge of our offerings, capabilities, sales processes and government procurement cycles.
Essential Job Duties:
- Develop a comprehensive sales plan to meet and exceed individual and team sales quota within the defined territories of the Government team
- Proactively manage current and future structure and processes of sales team, including all roles and staff members, for growth and evolving revenue goals
- Research, identify and plan for net new customer wins in new and existing territories and markets
- Manage, mentor and coach all team members across roles for personal growth and development
- Manage and expand a targeted book of high-profile, high-value customers within the team
- Help the team strategize, negotiate & close business
- Assist sales and marketing leadership in researching, identifying and prospecting to develop new products and markets to expand revenue
- Consistently monitor and enhance the sales activities of the team
- Build an open and transparent communication process with Sales Reps and Sales leadership
- Refine sales messaging, prospecting, qualifying, and closing techniques with the team
- Maintain a pipeline aligned with individual and team quota to provide accurate, real-time, sales forecasting on a daily, weekly and quarterly basis to Sales leadership
- Manage regular forecasting/pipeline calls
- Educate Sales Reps with knowledge and awareness of best practices and trends within the government markets
- Assist in supporting and training employees as requested
- Hire, train and guide the team as needed
- Other activities as required to increase sales revenue
Behaviors & Attributes:
- Leadership – Ability to train, mentor and motivate others to obtain a collective goal
- Results-Driven – Ability to understand key objectives and tactically deliver results
- Professional - Strong oral and written communications skills that demonstrate professionalism
- Business Acumen – An understanding of business models, go-to-market strategies, departments and specific job functions within various market segments
- Collaborative – Collaborative facilitator with ability to interact with discretion and tact
- 4 year college degree
- 3 or more years direct management experience
- 10 or more years experience selling enterprise software within Public Sector
- Working knowledge of account and prospect management using CRM software
- Highly organized and experienced at successfully multi-tasking
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven solution selling and negotiation skills
- Compelling and persuasive presentation skills
- Positive, attentive and engaging demeanor
- Ability to multi-task
- Reports to VP of Sales and Marketing
- Daily interaction with multiple departments within organization including Executives, Finance, Legal, Sales Engineers, Sales Operations, Marketing, as well as Customers and Vendors
- 50-75% domestic travel required
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for long periods of tim
- Ability to be physically in attendance at workstation at designated company office location during normal business hours designated for this position
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds