Kansas City - Kansas City, MO 64114 US (Primary)
We are seeking a Plumbing Engineer to assist project teams in preparing plumbing system construction documents for healthcare, higher education, and commercial building type projects. The Plumbing Engineer will work with the project team throughout the design and construction process, coordinating plumbing plans with budget constraints, other project discipline design factors and client requirements. Other responsibilities include keeping up with trends in engineering, attending professional development events and staying in-touch with local industry professionals. Ideal candidates will have a strong attention to detail and a strong desire for organization.
• Technical design and quality control on assigned projects including all plumbing system calculations and layouts
• Coordination with other disciplines
• Maintain best practice engineering methods
• Production of construction documents for new buildings, renovations, and additions to existing facilities
• Construction administration, site visits and shop drawing review per project
• Explore and implement ways to improve cost-efficiency
• Develop project specifications
• Updating/correcting drawings provided by quality assurance.
• Assist director with quality assurance
Bachelor's Degree in Architectural or Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited program. Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the Engineering field with in-depth knowledge of plumbing systems, medical gas experience is preferred. Related experience in the design of healthcare, higher education, or commercial building systems. Knowledge of current plumbing and energy codes. Project management experience is a plus but not required.
Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) Exam required. Professional Engineering (PE) license preferred, but not required. Possession of a valid motor vehicle operator's license and willingness to use insured personal vehicle in the course of employment.
Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office, AutoCAD & Revit. Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently (i.e. without time limitations, without restrictions or without the need for work sponsorship) in the country where this position is located. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be detail oriented and able to perform each essential duty effectively.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Organizational skills with attention to detail
• Time management and multi-tasking skills to meet deadlines
• Ability to work effectively in a team atmosphere
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
- Architectural Drawing
- Auto Cad
- Autodesk Revit