If you shop at your neighborhood Whole Foods Market, chances are you’ve enjoyed our coffee. Allegro Coffee Company is a specialty coffee company nestled in the suburb of Thornton, CO. Founded in 1977 with the idea of bringing a superior experience of coffee to the people, we undoubtedly developed into a recognized and respected leader in the coffee industry. Twenty years later, we became a wholly owned subsidiary of Whole Foods Market. Since then, Allegro Coffee hasn’t been just coffee.
Today, our Thornton facility proudly roasts coffee, blends tea, and packages spices. Whether we’re here at our headquarters or Origin sourcing beans, leaves, cacao, or spice...we are mission driven — committed to offering quality products grown in sound social conditions and wholeheartedly supporting sustainable farming practices.
We are looking for people to join our team who feel the same and want to contribute to the continuing success of producing the finest coffee in the world!
This position has a strong focus on maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing production, utility, and facility equipment on all systems. A very high percentage of “wrench time” is expected. Regular, clear communication is required through multiple mediums, including interpersonal, email, text, and phone messages. Responsibilities include maintaining low/medium voltage power, mechanical system troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, emergency response, and general maintenance. The individual in this role must adhere to all safety requirements and SOPs, and be available for call-in work and perform other duties as required. Some overtime is to be expected.
- Responsible for all maintenance and repair on production machinery
- Perform the scheduled preventative maintenance on all production-related equipment
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve maintenance-related problems
- Complete special maintenance projects as assigned; assist in project planning and construction as needed
- Respond to daily maintenance work orders on a timely basis
- Install, remove, rebuild, maintain and troubleshoot all conveyor, distribution, sortation, and material handling systems
- Requires low/medium voltage electrical, pneumatic, and mechanical experience
- Ability to install, maintain, and troubleshoot relay logic, ladder diagrams, control components; photo eyes, motor starters, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, servo drives, frequency inverters, linear drives, and encoders
- Ability to analyze the operation of various systems, determine the cause of any problems and/or malfunctions and take corrective action as required
- Maintains tools and orders supplies as required for installation and repairs
- Cross train back up, or others, as appropriate to the advanced technician level
- Provide guidance and technical support to the team
- Make recommendations for systems improvement and Capital Projects through immediate supervisor or management
- Assist with monitoring outside contract work from third party vendors and confirming all work is conducted and completed successfully in accordance with all codes, laws and regulations
- Maintain liaison with Team Leaders and Assistant Team Leaders
- Plan and schedule work in accordance with established priorities
- Utilize CMMS systems for all work performed
- Perform all related job duties and other tasks as required
Safety and Compliance:
- Comply with all safety procedures
- Have training and be compliant in the company’s SQF, GMP, HACCP, FDA, OSHA policies and procedures as well as any local/state/federal requirements
- Maintain good housekeeping and safety of work areas
- Recognize danger and safety hazards; propose methods to eliminate them
- Complies with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials
- Respond effectively to emergencies
- Complete Hazard Assessments as necessary
- Maintain compliance to State, County, or City Ordinances, Codes, or Laws
- Must complete all required safety trainings as scheduled
- Candidate must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license
- Attend work and safety meetings as required
Individual must have previous experience as a maintenance technician. Knowledge of electric, pneumatic and mechanical systems. Must have knowledge of and experience with power and hand tools, basic electrical troubleshooting and plumbing, sheet metal fabrication and welding, be able to read and understand schematics, blueprints and maintenance manuals. Individual must have the flexibility to work overtime hours as required. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Minimum 6 years of technical experience in Production Maintenance. A valid Colorado driver's license is required. Working knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook). Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment and the ability to master new skill sets quickly. Experience in a coffee manufacturing environment would be preferred. Forklift certification, and knowledge of and experience with metal fabrication and welding is preferred.
This position requires frequent walking, climbing, bending, kneeling, lifting, stooping, and working/extending overhead, including:
- Lifting a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Using ladders up to 30 feet, and working from heights
- May be required to work overtime to complete deadlines
- Work on-call, weekends, mornings, evenings and holidays as needed
The wage range for this position is $28.00 – 33.50 per hour, commensurate with experience. Whole Foods Market offers “Whole Benefits". Whole Benefits may include health insurance, retirement plan benefits, eligibility for a store discount, paid time off and access to other benefit programs. Eligibility for Whole Benefits is determined under the terms of the applicable Whole Benefits plan at a person’s date of hire.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidate will be provided with tools required to perform assigned work scope.
The wage range for this position is $16.50 - $33.50 Hourly, commensurate with experience. Whole Foods Market offers “Whole Benefits". Whole Benefits may include health insurance, retirement plan benefits, eligibility for a store discount, paid time off and access to other benefit programs. Eligibility for Whole Benefits is determined under the terms of the applicable Whole Benefits plan at a person’s date of hire.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.
- Installations (Manual/Mechanical)
- Limit Switch
- Storage (Warehousing)
- Proximity Sensor