JT Wimsatt Contracting, Inc. was founded in 1992 with the desire to deliver projects with superior quality, on time and within budget for our clients. It is our mission to establish and maintain long-term relationships by providing service that is vastly superior to that of our competitors. This desire is reflected in every phase of a project, from conceptual budgeting, to close-out. By incorporating the highest ethical standards, we demonstrate integrity and fairness in every action we take. JT Wimsatt serves both public and private sector clients with a range of commercial, industrial, residential, government and specialty projects. Our portfolio includes parking structures, hospitals, educational facilities, hotels, office buildings, high-rise residential projects, shopping centers, and military projects. We serve our clients from our corporate headquarters in Valencia, CA and our regional office in San Diego, CA. Our primary service area is Southern California; however, we work throughout the West Coast and including California, Oregon, Washington and Nevada.Position Description
We are looking for hard working individuals who want to be a part of significant construction projects in Los Angeles and San Diego. At JT Wimsatt you will have the opportunity to work on landmark projects that you will be proud of. If you are a college graduate looking to begin a career in construction management or have previous experience as a Project Engineer - we are interested.
As a project engineer you would be involved from the beginning of the construction process until the project closes out. Our company offers the opportunity for you to be involved in many different facets of the construction process including pre-planning, labor management, accounting and estimating. Subject to others tasks.
We are looking for project engineers in Los Angeles with the following talents and interests:
- Work with a top contractor in the industry
- Able to learn quickly
- Have excellent communication skills
- Jump into new tasks and adapt quickly
- Want to grow in a company long term
- Find better ways of doing things
- Excited by complex problems
- Take the reins and make things happen
- Interact with top construction professionals in the industry
- Learn management practices
- Learn specialty concrete construction
- Top level analytical skills
- Implement new technologies
- Take on new responsibility
- Work with a team of like-minded people
If the above describes you , we would like to get to know you better! Benefits:
- A positive, employee-centric and family-oriented culture.
- Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive Health benefits, including medical, dental, vision and more
- 401K plan with company match
- Excellent PTO Program, including 8 paid holidays
Candidates will be subject to background, drug screening, and must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States upon offer of employment and/or hired.Position Requirements
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Urban Planning, Construction Management or a similar field
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- A combination of construction management and engineering experience in lieu of formal education
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees assigned to this position. This description assists in ADA compliance, and is not intended for any other purpose such as compensation. All employees must comply with company policies and applicable laws. Management retains the right to assign additional duties periodically and the discretion to add or change the duties of this position any time. Minorities and Females are encouraged to apply. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability. JT Wimsatt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Construction Management