The Recruitment Coordinator is expected to perform a variety of duties of recruitment, service coordination and client care. The Recruitment Coordinator is expected to recruit, screen, hire, and onboard a staff of CAREGivers in order to provide the highest quality service to clients.
• Reflect and uphold the core values of Associated Services LLC.
• Answer each employment inquiry in a friendly, professional and knowledgeable manner.
• Develop and implement new recruitment strategies online and within the community.
• Schedule and conduct applicant interviews in an efficient and professional manner.
• Following the Home Instead Senior Care Standards; conduct reference checks, criminal background and motor vehicle check and drug screens on all CAREGivers and other employees.
• Create and maintain all employment records including but not limited to I-9 form, W-4 form and all other employment related documents.
• Schedule and conduct CAREGiver orientation and all training including training required to meet Home Instead® Standards and additional optional training.
• Schedule and facilitate Caregiver Quarterly Meetings.
• Perform HR functions for both Caregivers and Admin Employees, such as time off requests, tracking PTO, sick time and medical time off.
• Network and perform presentations to gain new clients, caregivers and referral sources.
• Conduct service coordination (scheduling) activities, as directed and when performing on call duties.
• Conduct Service Inquiries and Care Consultations as needed following the consultative sales process.
• Work evenings or weekends, as required, as part of the key employee team.
• Work on call hours, as scheduled in the evenings and weekends.
• Monitor, mediate, and log all client and CAREGiver activity utilizing the software system.
• Evaluate and update all orientation and training materials as needed.
• Maintain regular attendance at the office to execute job responsibilities.
• Demonstrate open and effective communication with the franchise owner, colleagues, other key employees, CAREGivers, clients and family members.
• Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
• Conduct client/CAREGiver introductions and evaluations as needed
• Perform any and all other functions deemed necessary or as directed
• High school graduation or the equivalent
• One year of related business experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered
• Scheduling experience preferred
Must possess a valid driver’s license
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must have an understanding of and uphold the policies and procedures established by Associated Services LLC, (d.b.a. an independently owned and operated Home Instead Senior Care franchise)
• Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to listen effectively
• Must have the ability to work independently, maintain confidentiality of information and meet deadlines
$14 to $18 per hour depending upon experience. No medical benefits.
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.