To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Philadelphia, PA 19107
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Safety and Risk Control Specialist
Aramark • Philadelphia, PA
Posted 25 days ago
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world’s leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more atwww.aramark.com or connect with us onFacebook andTwitter.
This position will report to the Director of Health and Safety or Director Ops Support and will provide safety and environmental technical support for the Global Safety & Risk Control (S&RC) department. A desire to build and strengthen Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) regulatory knowledge and understand effective program implementation is essential.
- Work closely with representatives from all Lines of Business (LOBs) within the organization, Legal and other departments to provide support on all EHS matters.
- Provide general technical support to the S&RC department and the organization concerning environmental, health and safety (EHS) compliance and risk and other safety operational support needs.
- Manage field level inquires requiring EHS subject matter support and assist in resolution.
- Support development and maintenance of EHS program tools and resources (i.e., website, program documents, training modules, visual aids).
- Coach and lead field operations in executing ARAMARK EHS policies, programs and standards to reduce risk.
- Assist S&RC with execution of strategic business initiatives (i.e., pilot processes, scale-up)
- Assist in compliance inspections and resolution of notice of violations, citations, etc.
- Support S&RC in presenting field training on EHS compliance and risk topics.
- Support with researching regulations and tracking changes that could impact operations.
- Measure, monitor and evaluate field effectiveness of ARAMARK SAFE processes and regulatory compliance readiness
- Track and monitor emerging trends, arising and/or changes in environmental best practices.
STATUS AND SCOPE:
Individual will have a direct reporting line to the Directory of Health and Safety or Director of Operations Support. The individual in this position should have strong written and verbal communication skills, time management skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities and solve problems with certainty. Proficiency in Microsoft applications is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, geology, engineering or related safety or environmental discipline.
- 0-3 years of safety and/or environmental experience. A Master’s degree in a technical or business discipline is preferred.
- Diverse background/experience in addressing safety and/or environmental issues and understanding of EHS compliance programs.
- Understanding of OSHA regulations and occupational safety best practices is also required.
Knowledgeable of OHSAS 18000 principles (to serve global clients) and quality assurance programs (Six Sigma, ISO, etc.) is also desirable.
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran