Come join our team as a Admissions Specialist, at North Tampa Behavioral Health! If you are passionate and dedicated to making a difference in the lives of those in need through compassionate therapeutic practices, this position is right for you!
North Tampa Behavioral Health is the leading treatment program for individuals suffering with mental health & substance abuse issues. Our expert staff restore hope and provide lasting recovery to adults in the greater Tampa area, through holistic care and comprehensive inpatient & outpatient programs, including a separate inpatient program for senior adults. Our inpatient program also features specialized tracks for co-occurring disorders and chemical dependency. North Tampa Behavioral Health is conveniently located less the 20 miles from downtown Tampa, Florida, in beautiful Wesley Chapel, right off I-75 on SR-56. Our employees describe working at North Tampa Behavioral Health as “being part of a family”, “ability to make a real difference in a person’s life”, “warm and welcoming”, “providing service to those in need”. Our employees feel they make a difference in each patient they treat. Learn more at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Admissions Specialist.
We currently have an opening for a Per Diem (PRN), Admissions Specialist, to join our team of caring professionals.
Purpose of position:
- Facilitate admissions and assessment processes for incoming patients.
- Respond to inquiries about the facility within facility policy time frames. Schedule/complete pre-admission assessments and communicate recommendations to patients or their families.
- Collaborate with other facility medical and psychiatric personnel to ensure appropriate recommendations and admissions.
- Coordinate admission and transfer between levels of care within the facility.
- Perform insurance benefit verification's, disseminating the information gathered to patient, their families and other appropriate facility staff.
- Ensure all medical admission documentation is gathered from external sources prior to patient admission and secure initial pre-authorization for treatment and admission.
- Coordinate and facilitate peer to peer reviews when needed and collaborate the results of reviews with multi-disciplinary treatment team.
- Provide accurate and ongoing assessment of patient status in the admissions process.
- Communicate treatment recommendations to and coordinate with other treatment teams.
Benefits: At North Tampa Behavioral Health, we offer competitive compensation, benefits (employee assistance program, an employee discount program, and an employee referral program) and regular opportunities for development and advancement.
Education: Master's degree in Therapeutic Counseling, Social Work, Behavioral Science or other recognized therapeutic field, from an accredited college or university.
Experience: One (1) plus years of mental/behavioral health experience working with individuals in a clinical or observational capacity, preferably within the area of specialty for the facility. Experience in the managed care pre-certification process, level of care assessments and utilization.
Licensures/Certification: Current CPR certification and Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) certification (will provide training for CPI), required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)