To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
500 Plaza Drive
Secaucus, NJ 07094
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Senior Program Manager - Mergers and Acquisitions
Quest Diagnostics • Secaucus, NJ
Posted 1 month ago
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
The HR M&A Senior Manager serves as the functional lead for mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, professional lab service (PLS) and other business development activities and programs for Human Resources. Works across the entire deal lifecycle including diligence, transition planning, transition execution, and post-transition wrap up. Directly program manages all planning, execution, separation, integration and organizational restructuring activities related to post-merger initiatives. Provide expertise to the lead HR Business Partner (HRBP) and the integration project team. Manages integration activities in partnership with Functional HRBPs, Benefits, Compensation, Payroll, Talent Acquisition COEs, HR Service Center, IT. Works closely with deal teams to define Human Resource integration strategies for acquisition targets.
• Lead the HR work stream on all Mergers, Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Divestitures and Professional Lab Services projects.
• Partner with business leads to identify, scope, and manage employee matters related to a transaction. Collaborates with M&A program office, Finance, the business team and HRBP to plan for synergy achievement and associated budget to achievement
• Perform HR-related due diligence in order to identify risks and opportunities, validate integration assumptions, identify integration challenges, make recommendations on People strategy, and identify purchase agreement considerations
o Review and summarize data in response to data requests; update diligence tracker; prepare questions for HR diligence calls
o identify areas that require additional investigation and follow up with the M&A Program Office, business, Seller, or functional teams as needed
o In partnership with the lead HRBP, assess, understand and develop mitigation for potential deal risks associated with organizational culture, leadership, talent, and operations.
o Participate in report-out calls with M&A leaders on diligence findings, risks, incremental costs, and mitigation
o Aggregate information from HR team for interim and final diligence reports
• Drive for a Day 1 and onboarding experience that delivers a solid employee experience
• Develop project plan and transition schedule in partnership with key partners – both corporate and business level.
o Maintain HR diligence workbook with Seller data as a key tool for the extended HR team during the transition
o Coordinate and lead cross-functional meetings, document decisions and follow-up on actions; prepare and send call agendas and meeting notes
o Track progress against plans, identify and monitor of risk, issue and dependencies for multiple concurrent acquisitions and/or divestitures.
• Actively drive HR transition activities across the cross-functional team.
o Maintain and update project plan to capture start and completion dates ensuring all major tasks are reflected on project plan
o Work with the HRBP, Compensation, and Seller HR through job slotting/job mapping process; communicate pro-actively with Seller HR and management to understand Quest structure and process for slotting jobs
o Manage employee data upload process in coordination with the HR Service Center, Finance, and the Seller. Establish process to maintain accurate data in the HR System through the transition window.
o Ensure that communications to the seller are welcoming, appropriately detailed and timely. Work in partnership with Corporate Communications, the HRBP and HRSC on presentation decks, employee handouts; coordinate customization of certain documents; determine delivery mechanism appropriate for the transitioning group; coordinating with Corporate Communications as needed
• Interface with cross-functional groups and other stakeholders to effectively resolve issues and remove barriers to success.
o Partner with various business groups (Compensation, Benefits, HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition, Payroll, IT, HRIS, Legal, etc.) with respect to all M&A activities.
o Develop strong stakeholder relationships and maintain effective communication channels.
• Help to further build and innovate the M&A program
o Identify ways to improve the employee experience during deals.
o Work with Seller HR and HR COE teams to identify lessons learned and process improvements to support continuous improvement of HR M&A infrastructure.
o Research best practices and incorporate into the HR M&A practice.
o Support HR M&A capability building projects including development of training materials for HR teams supporting deal activity.
o Maintain and improve M&A resources for use by the HR Community
• Confidently adapt to various M&A scenarios. Different size organizations, different acquisition rationale, different locations. Each deal will have both repeatable and unique aspects which you must plan for and help the team execute.
• Ability to travel 25%+ in support of deals
Incumbent should possess the following knowledge, skills and experience:
• BA/BS in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field. MBA, JD or Masters in a related field preferred
• 8 years of HR experience; multiple discipline experience preferred (HRBP, talent acquisition, organizational effectiveness, employee relations, and/or benefits)
• 3 years M&A experience highly preferred
• Demonstrated program, project management capability with experience running project teams
• Ability to prioritize and handle various projects simultaneously to drive timely results
• Comfort with ambiguity and motivated to solve complex problems
• Ability to prioritize effectively and facilitate action across remote groups
• Ability to work effectively with senior members of an organization and within a matrix organization
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Able to prepare comprehensive reports and represent ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Able to problem solve, apply critical thinking skills in a high volume, fast-paced, dead-line driven environment.
• Able to research information, analyze data to arrive at valid conclusions and recommendations, develop plan of action exercising considerable judgment and discretion.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project); SharePoint experience preferred.
• Experience interpreting legal documents
• Has a solid understanding of current and future business trends, both internal and external
• Business and Financial Acumen
• Strategic Agility
• Customer Focus
• Drive for Results
• Problem Solving
• Interpersonal Savvy
• Process Management
• Building Effective Teams
• Process Orientation
• Dealing with Ambiguity
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patients come first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers’ trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way.
We have a large recognized brand; we offer flexibility and autonomy, great support, pay and benefits and a comprehensive training and onboarding program.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.