About Irby and Sonepar USA
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Irby Mobile Testing Tech is one of the largest electrical distribution companies in the United States, with nearly $1 Billion in annual sales and over 900 employees across more than 60 branches in 25 states. Irby is also part of the Sonepar family of operating companies, consisting of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors throughout the United States. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Irby Mobile Testing Tech.
Own Your Expertise, And Your Future
Do you enjoy a good challenge? Great, because we value bold thinkers who are excited to take on challenging tasks. We strive to be the best and we share our success with our associates, customers, suppliers and shareholders.
Mobile Testing Technician
This position will travel to utility locations and operate a Mobile Testing Lab for repairing tools and building ground sets. Our ideal candidate will enjoy working with their hands, be mechanically inclined and available to travel in the United States up to 90%, anywhere within the Irby geographic footprint.
What you’ll do:
- With a team, drive large company vehicle to customer locations in multiple states
- Inspect, troubleshoot and repair hand tools, hydraulic tools, battery tools, hoists and hot sticks
- Identify repair parts required
- Assist in preparing estimates for customers and placing parts orders
- Build custom rope products and ground sets
- Perform High Voltage Testing
- Load, unload, and move materials within or near work site
- Lifts heavy objects by hand or with power hoist, and cleans work area, machines, and equipment to assist machine operators
- Cleans and visually inspects customer material to identify defects or damage
- Prepares material for shipment by common carrier
- Operates material handling equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks, hand trucks, and dollies
What you need:
- Strong mechanical aptitude required
- Clean MVR required and the ability to travel 90% of the time required
- Skilled in operating large vehicles in tight and congested areas
- The aptitude to repair hydraulic systems, mechanical, battery, electric, and gas-powered tools
- Knowledge of safety practices.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
WHY APPLY? WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO GAIN?
A Challenging Opportunity with a Company that Cares About Its Most Valuable Asset: YOU!
- To work with an industry leader
- To use your skills and experience to grow your career; go anywhere you want nationwide, cross train into your dream job within a work culture that promotes and encourages associates to learn new roles and be recognized and rewarded for strong performance
- To have your true entrepreneur mindset rewarded with income and career growth opportunities
Check out our benefits:
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health, and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Employee Discounts and more.
Irby is an M/F/Disabled and Vet EEO/AA employer
We are Irby - Powered by Difference