The HVAC/R Technician provides maintenance and repair support for all of the Extron Electronics commercial buildings. This role has a wide range of responsibilities; including but not limited to troubleshooting, safety practice, maintenance, installation and repair work on all HVAC/R Mechanical Systems in a critical environment. The HVAC/R Tech is responsible for completing his or her work assignments as well as assisting the Lead Technician and associated Technicians as required in repair and maintenance activities. This position requires a self-starter with strong attention to detail.
- Perform all HVAC/R equipment maintenance, installation and repair in house of our local campus of buildings comprised of commercial, industrial, restaurant, and banquet facilities totaling nearly 650,000 square feet.
- Troubleshoot by observing mechanical and refrigeration equipment in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments
- Follow Maintenance Procedures and maintain Preventive Maintenance Records
- Communicate with customers, management, colleagues and Administrative Assistants regarding issues, project completion timelines and workload priorities
- Maintain PPE, tools, parts, equipment and supplies in clean and safe condition
- 5+ years of Commercial HVAC/R experience
- EPA Refrigerant Certification
- Chiller and Boiler Repair Experience is preferred
- DDC Controls and Building Automation experience is preferred
- Strong knowledge of electrical troubleshooting and systemic sequence of operations
- Ability to lift 50lbs frequently
- Must be able to read and understand Architectural Plans, Wiring Schematics and Technical Drawings
- Experience with Walk In and Reach In Refrigerator, Freezer repair and maintenance is preferred
- Experience with motor replacement, Variable Frequency Drives, Pneumatic Compressors and the various tools and techniques associated
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have a strong attention to detail, highly organized and computer literate
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced professional office environment
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 1078
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Extron Electronics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
View the full profile