Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The creation of the HHC System Support Office recognizes the work of a large and growing group of employees whose responsibilities are continually evolving so that we and our departments now work on behalf of the system as a whole, rather than a single member organization.
With the creation of our new umbrella organization we now have our own identity with a unique payroll, benefits, performance management system, service recognition programs and other common practices across the system.
The Professional Billing (PB) Applications Specialist will support and maintain all aspects of the Epic Resolute Professional Billing module. They may be engaged in workflow analysis, design and build sessions with Subject Matter Experts and instructional designers. They work under the direction of the Application Team Lead and or Manager and the Rev Cycle Application Director.
The Specialist will follow internal CareConnect build, change control and issue management policies and procedures. They complete in depth and precise investigation and documentation of operational specifications and application functionality to deliver on expected outcomes. Attention to detail and customer focus are critical skills for this position. Successful candidates enjoy helping others learn and adopt usage of the application. They will work closely with Revenue Cycle Operations, system vendors, consultants, all CareConnect applications teams, and technical services to troubleshoot and resolve incidents and service requests in a timely manner.
- Address Errors that fall into Project Team workqueues.
- Quarterly and Yearly CPT and wRVU updates.
- Ad-HOC updates to Provider, Procedure and Fee Schedule records.
- Create and maintain Client accounts and associated pricing contracts
- Create and maintain Cash Drawer Records.
- Application level security.
- Reimbursement Contracts.
- Maintain and/or modify application workqueues.
- Maintain and/or modify application reports and dashboards.
- Understands the operational issues within their application area well enough to represent user needs.
- Analyzes workflow decisions and how they translate into application configurations to ensure system design reflects decisions.
- Anticipates and provides solutions to problems with the necessary priorities. Presents solution to operational leaders within respective team/area.
- Assists in the development and documentation of Standard Work Processes that will be used to support the application.
- Actively participates on weekly team meetings to discuss team and project related activities, issues, changes, communications, and updates.
- Supports team members with application and information systems knowledge.
- Collaborates with vendor resources; plays an active role in managing the technical build and issue resolution.
- Contributes to testing scripts and materials and performs unit, system, and integrated testing tasks.
- Documents and maintains all required system design and build documents and configures system accordingly.
- Performs in depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details and other technical issues associated with the use of their respective system.
- Contributes in the preparation and execution of testing scripts and materials and performs unit, system, and integrated testing tasks.
- Promotes a team atmosphere that is conducive to the overall accomplishment of goals, schedules, and deadlines.
- Provides on-call support.
- Supports end users during go live which may include weekend and after hours.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Epic certification or proficiency in Resolute Professional Billing.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training, and experience in a HealthCare environment required.
- Five (5) years relevant experience in a challenging healthcare environment preferred.
- Experience in business information system management in a hospital or ambulatory care setting preferred.
The Professional Billing Application Analyst exhibits the following qualities:
- Proven ability to successfully work in a team environment that presents significant change and tight timeframes.
- Conducts themselves according to Hartford Healthcare values: Caring, Excellence, Safety and Integrity.
- Are well-respected within the organization and maintains a positive attitude.
- Approach problems constructively by focusing on how to move forward, explores and analyzes alternatives.
- Proponent for change and demonstrates a continuous improvement mindset, ingenuity and innovative thinking and organizational skills.
- Strong communication and organizational skills with ability to influence others while maintaining a strong focus on achieving results.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.