To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Canonsburg, PA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Nesco Resource • Canonsburg, PA
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Nesco Resource is seeking a Drafter
The Drafter is responsible for creating mechanical and electrical drawings of low and medium complexity using 3D CAD system and associated BOM via ERP system. Drawing work supports Product Engineering, Production and Sales. Works under moderate supervision with limited problem-solving responsibility while working under defined guidelines.
• Create dimensioned drawings and 3D models based on input from engineers and customer.
• Perform low and medium complexity design work on components as directed including 3D library components and assemblies.
• Create parts lists for new products.
• Create catalog pages, illustrations and animations; support work within ERP system.
• Perform a variety of tasks related to new design and project work, included but not limited to Purchasing support, Quality, Production assistance on new designs and customer communication.
• Organize the creation of demonstration units; work with Production to build prototypes of new designs. • Assist production personnel related to product assembly, testing, and methods.
• Engineering Change Notification (ECN) activities.
• Assist with drawing and other support collateral for listing projects with VDE, UL, CSA, Intertek (ETL)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Aptitude for electro-mechanical products and applications.
• Ability to create 3D models and assemblies in a CAD environment.
• Mechanical aptitude: ability to work with those who build, assemble and other Production functions.
• Familiarity with manufacturing production methods such as injection molding, stampings and extrusions as well as machining and fabricating technology is a plus.
• General electrical knowledge is a plus including the ability to perform low and medium complexity wiring diagrams.
Drafter 2 Rev. 02.14.17
• Two-year technical degree, Associates in Mechanical or Electrical Drafting preferred or equivalent experience
• A minimum of 2 years of drafting experience.
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD Inventor or similar CAD system.
• Autodesk certification preferred.
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements:
The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing areas where, under certain areas, the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses and mandatory hearing protection are required. Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift and carry up to 25lbs.
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.