Volt provides highly skilled contingent workers to local, national and international clients in all major industries. Volt has over 60 years of experience and is a leader in the industry. We work with many of the Fortune 500 and 1000 companies to provide workforce solutions.
Capitalizing on knowledge and innovation, comprehensive resources, and technology, Volt provides top talent to the many thousands of clients across the globe. Over 60 years of unwavering focus on the issues of workforce management have gained us a reputation of being one of the most knowledgeable and accomplished strategic workforce partners in business for clients and candidates alike.
We have a talented and upbeat staffing team focused on the quality of your career. As a Volt employee, you can expect the highest level of on-site support. We have a long-standing tradition of developing lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with our employees.
Volt has an opportunity for you to become part of a prestigious team of professionals. We are seeking Entry Level Manufacturing Engineers to work onsite at John Deere’s facility in Waterloo, IA. This is a contingent position expected to last 1 year.
- Plans, coordinates and performs manufacturing engineering work for a project or process of limited scope.
- Provide support and basic troubleshooting for current operations.
- Investigates, gathers and analyzes data for specifically assigned, recurring tasks.
- Establishes routings, methods, layouts, tools, costs, methods documentation, quality plans and labor standards for revisions to current operations and/or new parts or programs of limited scope.
- Identifies and implements cost reduction, quality, safety and ergonomic improvement ideas of limited scope.
- Works with electronic tools to perform engineering functions.
- Develops and implements plans of limited scope to support lean manufacturing through the Deere Production System.
- Designs operations layouts to improve material flow and material presentation.
- Participates in team studies related to capacity, energy, productivity and efficiency.
- Implements new manufacturing processes and technology.
- Modifies existing performance pay plans.
- Assists in development of baseline data for new wage performance plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering or related Engineering degree.
- Prefer candidates who have internship or project experience related to heavy manufacturing.
- Recent Bachelor’s grads encouraged to apply.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer