Envision Physician Services is a multispecialty physician group and practice management company. Established in 1953, our organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women’s and children’s health services to hospitals and health systems nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement Technologies and Emergency Medical Associates have recently joined forces to form Envision Physician Services. As one organization, we now provide a greater scope of service than any other national physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local, customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48 states and the District of Columbia.
If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing company in the healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of your career.
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Medical Assistant.
The Medical Assistant performs clinical functions such as taking history and vital signs, documentation results, coordinating lab and prescription orders, and assisting with minor office procedures. Assures optimal patient flow within the clinical areas and communicates issues with physicians, clinical, administrative staff and management.Responsibilities
- Remains with the patient during the exam.
- Completes timely and accurate documentation of patient visits.
- Obtains and documents vital signs and lab work.
- Collects specimens.
- Labels and completes lab requisitions, including ICD and CPT coding.
- Sends specimens to lab per patient’s insurance plan.
- Performs reconciliation of labs and orders and independently follows-up on overdue pending results.
- Performs all duties within HIPAA regulations.
- Processes prescriptions and orders as directed by provider.
- Prepares exam rooms.
- Stocks rooms and reorders supplies. Ensures supplies are received as ordered; follows up on incomplete or inaccurate orders.
- Sterilizes instruments in accordance with OSHA requirements.
- Performs patient education.
- Retrieves voice mail messages and communicates to appropriate staff. Returns/triages telephone calls if applicable.
- Communicates, under clinical supervision, medical results to patients.
- Ensures all outside records are incorporated into chart or EHR.
- Tracks medical non-compliance and contacts patients as needed.
- Completes requests for medical records.
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for adhering to Information Security Policies and ensuring Envision is as secure as possible.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- A minimum of (1-2) year(s) of related experience and/or training preferred.
- Good organizational skills
- Communicate and work well in a team environment
- Meet established production and quality goals/metrics
- Follow up in a timely manner on open items
- Able to effectively prioritize work on a daily basis
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to use an electronic health record
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
Certificates and Licenses:
- Registered Medical Assistant or Certified Medical Assistant certification or license preferred
- CME as required
- Active CPR certification, BLS or ACLS if applicable
If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have a strong work ethic, join our team of experts! We offer a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Envision Physician Services uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Envision Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Electronic Medical Record
Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator
Health Insurance Portability And Accountability Act (Hipaa) Compliance