The health solutions marketplace is hungry for new ideas, innovative products and software that drive elevated performance for the business and the customer. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is feeding incredible solutions to that marketplace every day by bringing out the best in our software engineering teams.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges
- Effectively lead and own delivery for the work of multiple development teams while using your highly technical skills as a hands-on software architect.
- Hire, develop, grow and retain great engineering talents.
- Engage in technical discussions as a subject matter expert, have a point of view to offer and have strategic influence with the product, business stakeholders and other engineering teams to design and develop new product offerings and experiences.
- Partner with product owners, designers, and business stakeholders to build teams’ roadmaps and establish goals for the teams based on strategic insights.
- Help the teams improve efficiency, quality and speed of their development processes.
- Collaborate with other engineering leaders and teams to drive leverage and technical craftsmanship in the larger engineering organization.
- Rally entire cross-functional teams around major goals and initiatives.
- Foster a culture of inclusion, diversity, respect and fun that continues making Optum a great place to work.
- Perform all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, code development and testing
- Design and implement product features in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders. Design reusable components, frameworks and libraries
- Work very closely with architecture groups and drive solutions
- Participate in an Agile/Scrum methodology to deliver high-quality software releases every 2 weeks through Sprints
- Review code and provide feedback relative to best practices and improving performance
- Troubleshoot production support issues post-deployment and come up with solutions as required
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address business and operational challenges.
- Influences or provides input to forecasting and planning activities.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Experience leading complex, technically challenging, cross-functional software-oriented projects from inception to delivery.
- 8+ years of Java Development (API).
- Strong technical background with Java Spring Boot
- Hands on experience with React / JS
- Awareness of AWS or Azure hosting concepts.
- Working experience on CI/CD methodologies.
- Consistent track record of delivering customer facing products and experiences.
- Good understanding of Agile methodologies and project management techniques.
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Experience with No SQL database.
- People Management and Stakeholder Management expertise.
- Experience coaching, mentoring and developing staff including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
- Passion for leading teams and setting the vision.
- Ability to lead peers as well as teams not under your direct management.
- Great articulation skills and stakeholder management experience
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Software Engineer, Basking Ridge, NJ, Eden Prairie, MN