Looking for a security engineer with 3+ years of experience in cybersecurity tools, operations, and policies in general and DevSecOps.
The primary work assignment would be as a security engineer for Government projects serving the Justice, Public Safety, Health, and DOD communities. Projects focus on secure sharing of information between state, local, and federal agency information systems, focusing on standards development, API development, system integration, and information sharing systems and tools. Each agency we work with is autonomous and has a unique architecture and legacy infrastructure. This employer serves as the principal architect and integrator and provides technical guidance to numerous agencies and contractors.
The ideal candidate would have a BS or MS in Computer Science or Cybersecurity and would like to work in a cutting-edge research software development environment. Strong written, verbal and presentation skills and the ability to work well in a team environment are necessary. A candidate should also be capable of working independently and effectively with minimal supervision for up to 10 days.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience researching, recommending, documenting, and coordinating implementation of changes to policies, procedures, facilities, and systems to enhance security
- Knowledge of Identity and Access Management concepts (Authentication/Authorization/MFA/ABAC/PBAC/KBA etc.)
- Familiarity with Software Development Practices (Agile, Scrum, unit testing, version control, continuous integration, code reviews, etc)
- Familiarity with virtualization and container software (Docker, Vagrant, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Amazon Web Services)
- Experience with current DevOps tools (Puppet, Ansible, etc)
- Experience with DoD ATO/VV&I processes a plus
- Experience with DoD CAC, PKI, processes and technologies a plus
- Experience/Understanding DoD data tagging specs a plus
- Experience with DoD ATO/VV&I processes
- Experience with DoD CAC, PKI, processes and technologies
- Experience/Understanding DoD data tagging specs
Agile Software Development
Amazon Web Services