To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Winona, MN 55987
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Design Engineering Technician I
Benchmark Electronics, Inc. • Winona, MN
Posted 1 month ago
Job ID(Requisition ID):
Design Engineering Technician I located in Winona, MN
Assists in the design, fabrication, debug and verification of customer products and design solutions in development areas, including product design, automation and test development.
Essential Functions and Competencies
- Interface and communicate with internal and external customers, for relatively standard products, regarding project requirements and status
- Participate in quoting and scheduling activities required to complete the design service deliverables
- Drive and coordinate process development and improvement
- Communicate with customer technical personnel, regarding technical issues, under the guidance of senior technicians or engineers
- Analyze and select appropriate components for customer products when assigned to customer product design
- Interpret intermediate level prints to build cables, electrical panels and machine wiring
Qualifications / Education / Experience
- A basic to intermediate understanding of advanced applications/technologies
- Demonstrate intermediate knowledge of the use of standard lab equipment, such as Digital Multi-Meters, Oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.
- Demonstrate ability to create detailed design documentation, applying knowledge of industry standard practices
- Demonstrate proficiency in one or more test software application when assigned to test solution
- Demonstrate effective use of Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) software, both electrical and mechanical applications, when assigned to support process automation services
- Demonstrate a good aptitude for understanding design and fabrication methods; Participate in design activities of customer products, automation solutions and/or test solutions using various applications and technologies
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of technology principles
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge in or more of the following areas: mathematics, electronics, mechanisms, CAD design
- Demonstrate very good problem solving skills and the ability to make sound independent technical recommendations
- Demonstrate intermediate level integration debug skills for non-complex systems
0-5 years of experience
2 year Technical degree in electronics.
Send this job to a friend
Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.
Attention Search Agencies
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.