Do you enjoy building new client relationships to grow an already existing and successful federal tax practice? Are you ready to make a greater impact on organizations by having the right people on your team to combine tax consulting solutions and innovative technology that align the tax function with business objectives, including for the additional business you bring in? We are looking for a sharp, analytical Federal Senior Tax Manager to join the Business Tax Services practice who is ready to assist in growing and maintaining the largest tax group within Deloitte.
What you'll do
As a Senior Tax Manager within the Business Tax Services group, you will identify effective tax solutions for new and existing clients in various industry sectors. You will work directly with the client, have access to an elite group of specialists when needed, and be connected to a strong support system from firm leadership to ensure you are set up for success in your role and career.
* Maintaining and developing strong client relationships on various federal tax consulting/compliance engagements.
* Identifying client needs and leveraging Deloitte's range of services and extensive resources to meet those needs and cross sell among various lines of service.
* Acting as a trusted business advisor to clients on a variety of issues including federal tax planning, accounting for income taxes, FTA (periods, methods & credits), tax provisions, tax compliance, business restructuring, and tax controversy.
* Managing engagement profitability, billings to clients, and engagement team resources.
* Assisting with drafting and presenting proposals to new and existing clients.
* Providing leadership, counseling, and career guidance for the development and motivation of the engagement team.
At Deloitte Tax LLP, our Business Tax Services team is a dynamic team with professionals of varying backgrounds and provides expertise to clients to gain a competitive advantage by integrating tax strategy into their business operations while working within the confines of their individual risk profiles. Business Tax subject matter experts and industry specialists provide services and solutions relevant to our client's business. Our team will assist with global tax challenges and transform the tax department to create greater impact and efficiency within our client's organization. Our spectrum of business tax services is relevant for public and private companies and range from tax planning to tax compliance, controversy and risk management, specialized services including research and development, government incentives, and tax management consulting. Join us, and help clients optimize their tax functions and take strategy to the next level. Learn more about Deloitte Business Tax Services.
* Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
* 10+ years' experience in federal tax compliance, tax planning, tax analysis, and tax research
* One of the following accreditations obtained:
* Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to sit for the CPA
* If not CPA eligible:
* Licensed attorney
* Enrolled Agent
* Proven ability to grow and manage a book of business, and a solid reputation as a subject matter expert within federal tax
* Solid management experience
* Ability to travel up to 25%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
* Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
* Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD, and/or LLM
* Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
* Experience working in a virtual and/or global environment
* Passion for leveraging technology and exploring new technology solutions
* Experience with accounting for income taxes in accordance to ASC740
* Excellent research and writing skills
* Excellent presentation and communications skills
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado or Nevada, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and the State of Nevada and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $124,600 to $231,400.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: 78301
- Business Planning