Outlet Sales and Operations Manager
Outlet Sales and Operations Managers are TEAM members within the Bob’s Discount Furniture organization and play a vital role by assuring stores receive inventory, stage and sell merchandise in a manner consistent with the Company’s vision; assisting and enabling stores to achieve established sales /operations expectations and minimizing shrink while achieving Customer Experience guidelines as defined by the Company.
The primary function of an Outlet Sales and Operations Manager is to establish a cohesive TEAM that works efficiently and effectively to support store location outlet sales and back-end operations. Responsible to directly manage and motivate teams, to plan, direct and coordinate back-end operations and sales to meet or exceed operational goals, sales goals and the Company’s vision by working seamlessly with store management to maintain warehouse safety, outlet standards, merchandising standards, receiving and inventory guidelines and to perform day to day back-end operations and sales according to established Company guidelines.
The Outlet Sales and Operations Manager maintains a significant visible presence on the sales floor and warehouse to drive productivity and sales, to assist with customer experience opportunities timely and effectively while promoting and exhibiting The Bob’s Way. The Outlet Sales and Operations Manager is responsible for the success and development of sales associates and in achieving location goals.
The Outlet Sales and Operations Manager is responsible for maintaining the integrity of location inventory, including appropriate tracking, take with and inventory accounting processes and validates merchandise is received, tagged and staged to achieve optimum sales levels at all times. Outlet Sales and Operations Manager enforces safety, and all other policies and procedures and takes immediate action to report and correct violations.
The Outlet Sales and Operations Manager will recruit, hire and train direct report outlet sales associates developing and maintaining a TEAM focused on delivering The Bob’s Way to Customers, while ensuring departments are staffed and scheduled at all times to meet business needs and Company objectives. The Outlet Sales and Operations Manager conducts regular department meetings to review progress and keep associates abreast of Company initiatives.
The Outlet Sales and Operations Manager will complete annual reviews in a timely manner and continually assess the performance of outlet sales associates and support staff working to promote productivity, efficiency and sales. The Outlet Sales and Operations Manager will partner with Store and Human Resource Management to evaluate, recommend and execute appropriate employee discipline and is responsible for all new hire orientations in accordance with established company guidelines.
- Clean and organized backroom by identifying and maintaining areas to handle assembly, staging, trash repair, incompletes and trash for return.
- Showroom is clean, neat, organized with a layout that is logical, setup per sales performance and inventory ownership.
- Price tags are accurate per pricing guidelines, readable and displayed neatly
- Huddles and Drills foster a culture of sales customer experience and personal accountability
- Maximizing trailer plan and forecast product needs per sales trends and performance with space allocation
- Insuring an organized and timely flow of outlet goods from the trailer to the sales floor, ensuring staging for replenishment
- Minimize trash and returns with focus on repairs and incomplete process
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and manage a TEAM that is aligned with the Company’s values and vision
- Keeping backroom cleaned and organized and up to standard
- Observe, implement and maintain safety requirements.
- Drive sales and operations according to the Bob’s Way
- Analyze reports to maximize back end operations and sales efficiency and productivity.
- Maintain Outlet and Warehouse Readiness
- Responsible for inventory cycle counts, insures they are executed in a timely and accurate manner throughout the year
- Other duties as assigned
- Inventory Control Policy and Procedures
- All Inbound and Outbound Logistics
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven ability to use sound judgment and decision making
- Proven ability to analyze complex problems and recognize root cause
- Proven ability to set clear goals and expectations
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and utilize communication tools appropriately
- Proven ability to exceed customer satisfaction
- Proven ability to manage and improve process
- Proven ability to manage and develop talent
- Proven ability to motivate self and others
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to use critical thinking
- Reports to: Store Manager
- Positions reporting to this position: * Product Leads, Outlet Leads, Product Associates, Outlet Sales Associates
*may vary by location
- Experience managing, developing and motivating a Team
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Sales experience
- Proven successful back end or logistics experience
- 2-5 years Managerial experience preferable in a retail and/or warehouse environment
Bob’s Discount Furniture is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to reasonably accommodating qualified persons with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential duties of their position.