If you are located within commutable distance from the office, you would be required to work onsite. For those outside the area, you may enjoy the flexibility to telecommute from anywhere in the U.S.
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
When you are in the business of health care, you're in the business of people. At UnitedHealth Group we want every customer experience to be distinctly personal. The challenge is complex. When people call us for help, their focus is on getting the best care possible. We help them understand their benefits and their options. This part of their lives matters a lot to them and it matters just as much to us. Our customer service teams have a serious responsibility to make every contact informative, productive, positive, and memorable for what it says about how much we care.
Positions in this function are responsible for providing expertise and a high level of customer service support to our Dual SNP members. This position will provide excellent customer service to members regarding benefits, policies, procedures and protocols. Direct phone-based customer interaction to answer and resolve a wide variety of inquiries is also an essential part of the position.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 9:00am - 8:30pm EST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
Our offices are located at:
- 77 Water Street, 14th & 15th Floor, New York, NY 10005
- 136-02 Roosevelt Ave, Flushing (Queens), New York 11354
Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Acts as a dedicated customer service go to person to assist customers to resolve issues and problems
- Outbound calls to Dual SNP members to build relations
- Assists members to identify needs and close gaps in care
- Follow-up calls to members with resolution to identify issues in timely manner
- Resolves inquiries related to authorizations, claims, enrollment, and billing
- Fulfills material requests for members
- Maintains accurate member data, including addresses, phone numbers, and PCP changes
- Inputs data in system for record tracking and issue resolution
- Proactively educates members on cover benefits, plan exclusions, and procedures to enhance total customer service experience
- Performs accountabilities in accordance with established organizational metrics
- Identifies trends and continuously makes recommendations to improve processes
- Reports issues or problems with members, systems and processes to manager
- Assists and involves in member retention projects
- Performs other related projects and duties as assigned
- Meets established performance standards
- Demonstrates the ability to build and maintain productive working relationship with others and contribute as an effective team member
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma, GED (or higher) or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience in a customer service environment.
- Bilingual fluency (verbal and written) in Vietnamese and English
- Ability to work an 8-hour shift between the hours of 9:00am and 8:30pm EST, Monday - Friday. Set shifts on rotation about 3 - 4 times a year
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Associate's Degree (or higher)
- Health Care / Insurance environment (familiarity with medical terminology, health plan documents, or benefit plan design)
- Social work, behavioral health, disease prevention, health promotion and behavior change (working with vulnerable populations)
Physical and Work Environment:
- Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands/fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, long periods working at a computer
- Service center environment with moderate noise level due to phone and walk-in conversation, printers, and floor activities.
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non - clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us. You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Bilingual (Vietnamese/English) Customer Service Navigator - New York, NY or Remote - $2,000 Sign On Bonus For External Candidate
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of healthcare. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life’s best work.SM
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $17.12 to $30.34. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: customer service representative, customer service, CSR, UnitedHealth Group, call center, UnitedHealthcare, health care, office, phone support, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #RPO, #asinq3