UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Financial Consultant of Finance Affordability is responsible for championing the economic impact of health care interventions, policy changes and population health dynamics on Affordability strategy. This includes the development, vetting and tracking of initiatives that directly impact medical expenses across the Community & State business using strong reporting, analytical and influencing skills. In addition, the Senior Finance Consultant will coordinate with health plan and regional leadership, the Financial Planning and Analysis team and various functional leadership to ensure that the quarterly budget and forecast is reflective of all medical cost affordability initiatives as applicable.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Planning and Management:
- Manage (coordinate and facilitate) affordability meetings within the region and across stakeholders; hold team members accountable to follow through
- Create and implement (E2E) project plan and lead a project to completion
- Follow best practices “road to deployment”
- Strategize all upstream/downstream implications of change
- National, regional and local market champion of affordability, key driver of collaboration, decision making and conflict resolution
- Ability to strategize around concepts to identify opportunities (medical cost savings and growth) based on market requirements, research, and knowledge of network, operations, clinical, and payment integrity programs
- Work effectively in matrix organization, provide direction within the matrix, influence actions, demonstrate an ability to prioritize and drive to execution
- Collect and maintain detailed tracker of affordability initiatives (deploying, pipeline, closed and abandoned) to support monthly reporting and forecasts
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree
- 5+ years of experience working within a managed care organization, regulator, health insurer, or as a consultant
- Advanced level of knowledge of managed care and network terminology and analysis
- Intermediate level of proficiency with reimbursement methodologies such as fee schedules, ASC groupers, APCs, per diems, case rates, DRGs, and AWP
- Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- 3+ years of management experience with significantly increased levels of responsibility in leadership roles and influencing strategy
- Post-graduate degree
- Strong financial acumen around affordability levers, t-shirt sizing, and assessment of opportunity viability
- Ability to influence behavior and drive strategic decision making
- Insight oriented, continuous curiosity, willing to dig into analytics and assumptions independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including well-developed interpersonal skills used to influence the behavior of others, some of whom will be at executive levels
- Ability to multi-task, shifting back and forth effectively among multiple activities
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving expertise
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low- income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: financial consultant, managed care, excel, financial reporting, P&L, budgeting, forecasting Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote